scoobydoo

How does this help when fighting a fish dumping line?

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

At the 11:30 mark the run starts.     At 12:30 he starts doing something I've never seen?

Is it supposed to make the fish change direction?  Or confuse it maybe causing it to stop running?

He did everything right, with a light outfit after you play with the fish a while and it's time to bring it home readjust the drag and pump (pull on the fish) on downstroke take up the line on the way down and redo until is net able only way to bring in a big fish.

I think the fish was tail wrapped or leader fouled on fish. Opened the bail to untangle. 

Weird.  He only opens it for an instant.  He was messing with drag right before,  maybe to let the drag reset or something.  That or he had line digging in or a loop on the spool.

5 hours ago, cweed said:

Wonder what rod he was using

4 hours ago, Inshore said:

Shimano Grappler

8FE64EAE-C214-49B0-985C-509C2B0A4B92.png

They'll all be available stateside soon...I think like 35 models or something crazy.

Lotsa cool new shimano jigging options on the way

It looks like he lightens the drag right before he flips the bail open. The at 12:53 he tightens it. He does this a few times.  My guess is trying to change the fishes direction, confuse the fish.  Probably works one out of 20.  Hotdog move.