flylikabird

Frozen Pizza Dough

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

So it's date night and you've promised you significant other you'd make them some homemade pizza.

You get to the store and their pizza dough is a  hockey puck!

Here's what ya do!

On the drive home set the heat to the floor setting on high and open your windows.

Get home and run some hot water in your kitchen sink.

Take the dough and put it in a zip lock bag and put it in the hot water for 20 minutes.

Preheat your oven.  

You should be good to go with a cooked homemade pizza within 45 minutes of pickup!

Good luck!

If all else fails while your shopping buy some Thomas' English Muffins and improvise.   

You should at least get a handy for filling her stomach.  :D

I will normally make my own, and at the same time I also make a mess of the kitchen that I have to clean up. This past summer the Local IGA here had frozen dough, 10lbs for $10.00

Sooo, I bought 20 lbs.
I was freakin great dough. Surprised the hell out of me! The next day the lady of the house went and bought another 10 lbs.

The only downside, and I've seen this in other frozen or chilled dough, it doesn't rise as much.

Just so you know I am Italian, and made my college money working as a pizza cook. So I made dough making dough

I don't think frozen has a lot to do with the dough as much as the quality.

That's cool.

What type flour are you using when you make your own?...is it double zero and if so where do you find it?

I make my own as well. Look at NY Times recipe for Robertas pizza dough. Great recipe. Yes use 00 flour, I’m able to find it (the Anna brand, red trimmed bag) in most of my regular supermarkets but sometimes it’s in the International aisle, by the yellow canned Cento stuff.  All else fails I think Amazon sells it.

11 mins ago, Fly By Nite said:

That'll be 90 dollars.

My wife used to do that as well, IIRC she used to pay 1.50 for a round.

4 hours ago, Kml said:

I just go to my local pizza place and he will sell me a couple.

That’s where I get mine, too.  I usually have them throw some sauce, cheese and sausage on it, and pop it in the oven (they got some big ovens).  

1 hour ago, PeterO said:

That’s where I get mine, too.  I usually have them throw some sauce, cheese and sausage on it, and pop it in the oven (they got some big ovens).  

They probably even drop it off at your house

1 hour ago, Kml said:

They probably even drop it off at your house

They know a bag of rupees is waiting for them, so it arrives hot out of the big oven.  I got priorities.