Jay in the Bay

Black Friday Fishing Gear Deals??

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

Who's shopping for gear on Black Friday?  Any sites or places you know of that good deals?

Looking to add some Penn and Daiwa reels to my inventory, maybe a rod or two.

Tacklewarehouse always has 20% off and carry Daiwa reels. I'll usually stock up on gift cards that are 20% off on Black Friday and then use the gift cards during their next sale for an additional discount. 

Be patient, Scooby and SOL will let you know when Amazon deals come around. That’s how I got a $250 Slammer 3 for $125. Try to avoid sketchy sites like ‘fishingreelswholesale’.

18 mins ago, cheech said:

Be patient, Scooby and SOL will let you know when Amazon deals come around. That’s how I got a $250 Slammer 3 for $125. Try to avoid sketchy sites like ‘fishingreelswholesale’.

^^^This^^^

I am not smart enough or internet saavy enough to find the deals on my own but I always appreciate the kind "heads up for a good deal " notifications Scooby and other member make here. Here's a preemptive thank you for the deal notifications that will be coming. 

it is not a black friday deal but bass pro shop/cabela's has the bass pro shop pro qualifier 2 for 50-$ during the early spring sale...it is by far the best 50$ on any piece of fishing gear spent on any equipment i have ever bought the reel is that good....get one...if i can get my hands on the 4500 slammer for 130 or so...that is a screaming deal....ifish how do you like the 4500 slammer?

I'm checking sierra trading post every once in a while the next few months for fishing closeout season.  Got 2 TFO GIS inshore rods last year at 65% off when they rebranded the lineup.  Wish I got 5.

On 11/15/2019 at 4:15 PM, LockedDrag said:

I would say skip it and wait for offseason. You find some crazy good deals. 15-20% off at local tackle shops.  It helps save you a load of money

Yeah that’s where I’ve done best as well

On 11/15/2019 at 3:01 PM, dan_d said:

it is not a black friday deal but bass pro shop/cabela's has the bass pro shop pro qualifier 2 for 50-$ during the early spring sale...it is by far the best 50$ on any piece of fishing gear spent on any equipment i have ever bought the reel is that good....get one...if i can get my hands on the 4500 slammer for 130 or so...that is a screaming deal....ifish how do you like the 4500 slammer?

It’s my go to for the surf..... light weight smooth and beautiful 

On 11/16/2019 at 1:19 PM, gellatly6 said:

Hogy has a black friday sale going on now bunch of epoxy jigs for $5.

Thanks for the heads up, I'm now stocked up. I'm really digging the larger epoxy for bass.