Atleast 7 shot at a high school in California

Rate this topic

jkrock

Just now, RiverRaider said:

Your'e getting way ahead of the discussion here 

I understand.  It's the same thing every time a school shooting happens.  It's the Republican's fault for not banning guns, it's the Dems fault because gun free zones don't work, the students and faculty should be armed, red flag laws would have prevented this, it's mental illness, it's guns being too easy to get, etc.  

Sometimes, when you're in a dark place, you think you've been buried, but you've actually been planted.  

2 mins ago, The Dude said:

You have any that use the victims as a punchline? 

If your heart is truly broken, wouldn't you just state that and not interject an agenda into your tweet?  
If I go to someone's funeral who died of cancer, I wouldn't say I miss the guy and am heartbroken he's gone and then launch into a monologue about the perils of the meat industry in America and how we should do something about it.  

Sometimes, when you're in a dark place, you think you've been buried, but you've actually been planted.  

1 min ago, Heron25 said:

If your heart is truly broken, wouldn't you just state that and not interject an agenda into your tweet?  
If I go to someone's funeral who died of cancer, I wouldn't say I miss the guy and am heartbroken he's gone and then launch into a monologue about the perils of the meat industry in America and how we should do something about it.  

Would you make jokes about how he got cancer because he's a Democrat and that's funny?

Just now, The Dude said:

Would you make jokes about how he got cancer because he's a Democrat and that's funny?

Probably not, I also wouldn't say that I wish the guys kids get cancer.  

6 mins ago, tomkaz said:

Press conference now

16yo shooter

Student at the school

LEOs arrived within two minutes of first 911 call

Weapon is a .45 SA handgun, shot dry

Shot and wounded five people and then shot himself in the head

Sounds like he used a 1911 

One student victim has died. 

Research shows that most of these incidents are suicidal missions seeking collateral damage

-

Just now, fish'nmagician said:

MOST americans can do little but offer thoughts and prayers,

politicians can actually pass laws....

so I understand why their messages might differ from most.

Ok.

6 mins ago, fish'nmagician said:

Salty I am asking you nicely,

will you please tell us what forms of self defense you feel the government is culpable for prohibiting students from engaging in?

I can't help but notice that the "question" you are asking seems to be evolving... why?

I'm too lazy at the moment to work out why that might be myself

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices. – William James

6 mins ago, fish'nmagician said:

Salty I am asking you nicely,

will you please tell us what forms of self defense you feel the government is culpable for prohibiting students from engaging in?

I can't help but notice that the "question" you are asking seems to be evolving... why?

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices. – William James

1 min ago, saltydawg said:

Research shows that most of these incidents are suicidal missions seeking collateral damage

Yes. And an attempt at revenge on society for the years of abuse that society has supposedly meted out to the killers. 

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

2 mins ago, RiverRaider said:

It’s why I don’t engage any more. His schtick is to take something I say, reversion it and then ask Semantic questions about HIS revised statement. It’s very weird

Edited by saltydawg

-

• TimS locked this topic