MontclairDave

Popper ID Please

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

I’ve had this popper for years in my backup surf bag and for some reason never really used it much. On a whim took it out a few days ago and my gosh it casts like a bullet. Plus it sinks a bit so you can swim it just under the water like a SS Polaris, which I was also using that day. Because the SS is plastic it just doesn’t get anywhere near the distance of this wooden popper. I was getting past the first sandbar no problem. Which is funny since the bass actually were at my feet that tide, just past the beach lip.

anyhoo, anyone know this plug? Because I want to get MORE of em. 

thanks! 

C24DB39D-57B1-46A8-AA04-445A04DD5E3A.jpeg

On 11/14/2019 at 7:14 PM, chitala383 said:

It is glitter on it, so it's clearly a customized Marty special. Hundreds of 50's have been caught on that, so much mojo!

More details please? Not familiar with Marty special (Hahn and Gibbs and Lex I know. Def not a Gibbs. I have a vague memory of buying a bunch of the last batch of Bob Hahns when they were released for sale so maybe this is one of em...)

13 hours ago, MontclairDave said:

More details please? Not familiar with Marty special (Hahn and Gibbs and Lex I know. Def not a Gibbs. I have a vague memory of buying a bunch of the last batch of Bob Hahns when they were released for sale so maybe this is one of em...)

Marty is a legend around here, in his own mind.