flysully

Bonita SW FL red tide?

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

Whoa...on CNN yesterday. Red tide is back from Sarasota to Naples, big time.  Reports from Bonita Beach. Right on shore this time, not offshore and then being blown in by winds. On shore now.

Dead fish & big groupers being picked up by Collier County wagons. How come no reports on red tide from our SOL S/W shore fishermen? CNN videos look bad with interviews with the Florida Game,Fish gentlemen.  

12 mins ago, flysully said:

Whoa...on CNN yesterday. Red tide is back from Sarasota to Naples, big time.  Reports from Bonita Beach. Right on shore this time, not offshore and then being blown in by winds. On shore now.

Dead fish & big groupers being picked up by Collier County wagons. How come no reports on red tide from our SOL S/W shore fishermen? CNN videos look bad with interviews with the Florida Game,Fish gentlemen.  

It's fairly bad.  Some areas worse then others.  Crabbers reporting all deads in traps, so there moving them deeper in the harbors and river systems.  Dead pinfish all over parts of pine island sound area.

And because we are crushin in the rivers and not at the beach!

20191112_232625.jpg

Hi Beaton EM

im in Bonita springs and have been suffering on the beach and inlets since red tide moved in, I kayak and wade fish , would you have any put in recommendations or areas to concentrate on? 

Fly, I have not been out in weeks so no fishing reports from me and there won’t be for a few more weeks until all goes well. Currently the red tide is not good. Concentrations are med to high around me. 

Dealing with work and running a large site, it’s stress, was one thing but now my wife had double bypass, couple weeks ago. so I’m home with her 24/7 till at least next weds. After that I’ll be taking her to her drs visits as needed, plus back to work. Weekends spending as much time as needed to be with her. She comes first and everything else is just that everything else. 

STU,gave me a utube site “southwest Florida television “ this guy walks the north Naples beach every day. Not looking good for my trip the end of December. Hope it’s not a repeat of last year.

On 11/13/2019 at 8:40 PM, Clbay1971 said:

STU,gave me a utube site “southwest Florida television “ this guy walks the north Naples beach every day. Not looking good for my trip the end of December. Hope it’s not a repeat of last year.

Where are you headed?

8 hours ago, ScottO said:

Where are you headed?

I’ll be on the north end Naples on the 16th or 18 th. Seagate beach is a 5 minuet drive from the timeshare. Used to fish the pier but got tired of feeding the dolphins! 

So I was down there in early November and the red tide was pretty brutal.  If you can either go further north or easier would be to go south and make the turn past marco.  In EC we are getting a lot of people from as far north as fort meyer to fish the area just so they can get away from the red tide . Watch the news, we were on the beach in Marco and it wasn't too bad.  

Every days a different story, yesterday was fine in central Naples.

Wind looks like it’s coming from the east (or at least not the west) for the next week or so, so, that’s good.

Edited by Stuu

a bit of a hike but you might wanna consider fishing the Sanibel Causeway, tons of moving water and fishy spots, easy access by car after you pay the $6 toll

Thanks Quest450 ya I’ve been looking at the Fort Meyers’s area it’s only a hop skip and two jumps away from North Naples. Game plan is two days in keys,then two weeks in Naples area and if it’s poor there then putting a couple of days in F.M. I’m happy with whitting,pompano and carfish for eating. Although there’s nothing like them stingrays for a long fight.