RI Fish Report Blog. Nov 13 - 30

Rate this topic

Capt.Castafly

9 hours ago, rbart said:

You probably did see them as I know a couple other guys who thought the same thing. You might’ve even seen dolphins, too. I know there were a bunch around slashing through schools of pogies.

We saw them two weeks ago tomorrow off Newport while tog fishing.

On 11/16/2019 at 3:32 PM, MakoMike said:

Big bluefin have been showing up off of Naragansett/Pt. Judith around thanksgiving every year since I can remember. Like Ray said, they show and then they're gone. No one around has the tackle on board to go after them.

I saw giants crashing blues within casting range of rocks behind the Coast Guard house in 09.  Absolutely awesome sight.

@VanStaalSteve

That BT has seen some work

:th:

Screenshot_20191119-220809_Chrome.jpg.1775531e7ee6f88351eaf20b34ed3055.jpg

###

Separately, just a quick clarification-- if my wording was confusing.

Previous on this thread we were talking about BFT and their showings around South County and PJudith. Clarification: I did not see BFT (or dolphins) "100yds off the beach" the other day.

When I said "big tunoids" what I meant was "big bones."

But I do know larger school BFT(100-150lbs) show nearly within beach casting range (250-300yds) off Plum Island, MA, once every year or two. When they're in tight on bunker. So it's not out of the question to see them in that close when conditions, depth, and bait line up with a lottery ticket.

Fishing kills me exactly as it keeps me alive.

Hemingway, Old Man and the Sea

13 hours ago, VanStaalSteve said:

Still some bait and fish around. I had a bunch of small bass today. Saw several pods of fish/bait/ birds working plus a couple of gannets working something in distance. 

9DA274EE-2F8A-4760-9C5E-B0B5640FF972.jpeg

Baby Herring? Missing the black dot for a peanut.

^^ I didnt even notice it didnt get censored, I guess anal is acceptable in SOL....