Spigola

Lamiglas Triflex 7030CT replacement

Rate this topic

135 posts in this topic

I have to admit I did something very boneheaded.  Recently sold my cherry Lamiglas 7030CT thinking I would totally quit bottom fishing.  Well, it's get not working out that way.  

Surf fishIng here in SJ has gone from bad to worse, so I've decided to once again head for the party boats on the coast at the hours before dawn in order to get me some eating fish.

However I can't find a replacement for my Lami 7030CT.  A check with Lamiglas told me that they discontinued the rod. *&%$@#%$$*&  

What would the learned bottom scratchers, Mike, Mick, Snaps etc say my options are as a replacement for the 7030CT?  Ta his will be a rig rod for use with sinker and hooks.  Already have a jig rod.

Any thoughts on the Jigging World BlackDemon rods?

I'm ready for lots of verbal abuse and hopefully a few good suggestions.

Didn't Lami just ship a 7030ct to Sparky?

I like the Rod Geeks 732. Get a 733 or 734 if you want a heavier rod than the 732. The 732 has a little Hollywood to it. Hank uses a 734. I don't see any Hollywood in that one other than being fluorescent green.

Posted (edited) · Report post

10 mins ago, Mike said:

I like the Rod Geeks 732. Get a 733 or 734 if you want a heavier rod than the 732. The 732 has a little Hollywood to it. Hank uses a 734. I don't see any Hollywood in that one other than being fluorescent green.

Lou ROFLMFAO IGBBH-Yes Go look at Jigging world The Black Demon seems to fit the bill, when you walk on the boat,  with one of those, youll look like you know what you are doing , just PM me when you are ready to sell it, or  Go get Micks he ain't gonna use it.

St Croix MOJO Musky, has a split grip so, I dunno if youll like it while fighting a fish, I think you get a free box of fruit filled pastries, with the purchase of a rod.

Mike I was gonna say the same , but, it has to be built and he wants it for Tog season now.

Edited by Snaps

39 mins ago, Spigola said:

I have to admit I did something very boneheaded.  Recently sold my cherry Lamiglas 7030CT thinking I would totally quit bottom fishing.  Well, it's get not working out that way.  

Surf fishIng here in SJ has gone from bad to worse, so I've decided to once again head for the party boats on the coast at the hours before dawn in order to get me some eating fish.

However I can't find a replacement for my Lami 7030CT.  A check with Lamiglas told me that they discontinued the rod. *&%$@#%$$*&  

What would the learned bottom scratchers, Mike, Mick, Snaps etc say my options are as a replacement for the 7030CT?  Ta his will be a rig rod for use with sinker and hooks.  Already have a jig rod.

Any thoughts on the Jigging World BlackDemon rods?

I'm ready for lots of verbal abuse and hopefully a few good suggestions.

You never disappoint me.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Go to Lami website. See TriFlex V2.  They have made minor changes to the rod series so that they can up the price from $250 to $300.

But given that you are going to buy the rod, put it in your closet and then sell it with the tags still on next April, you could buy just about anything.

Edited by Slacker

32 mins ago, Mike said:

Lami shows that rod as “sold out”.  Looks like they are running off old stock. 

If you think the surf fishing in NJ sucks, just wait until you drop $100 for three shorts and a 16.5” blackfish on three trips in a row.

Any 7’ conventional with a lure rating of 1-4 oz and a line rating of 15-30#s will be good enough for the three trips that Spig probably won’t take.

33 mins ago, Snaps said:

Lou ROFLMFAO IGBBH-Yes Go look at Jigging world The Black Demon seems to fit the bill, when you walk on the boat,  with one of those, youll look like you know what you are doing , just PM me when you are ready to sell it, or  Go get Micks he ain't gonna use it.

St Croix MOJO Musky, has a split grip so, I dunno if youll like it while fighting a fish, I think you get a free box of fruit filled pastries, with the purchase of a rod.

Mike I was gonna say the same , but, it has to be built and he wants it for Tog season now.

St Croix was just running all those rods off their inventory 3 weeks ago... all were 40% off direct from St Croix.  Of course, Spig slept through that bargain.

”Buy retail, sell wholesale.”

- SpigSpigler, Secrets of Closing the Sale

LOL

47 mins ago, Mike said:

He’s shopping. He ain’t gonna actually go fishing. And you want him to drop dollars on a custom?  You might as well tell him to get the colors that you want and that palming reel seat... I look forward to seeing that rod in your quiver at the 2020 Tog House.

I see one of those rods still available on Amazon. $250.  For a guy that shops as much as Spig, I’m surprised he didn’t check there.

Spig buy the lighter of the two 7’5” jigging world rods.  I’ll save up $200 and buy it from you next Summer.  It looks good for next year’s RI trip.

The joy of acquisition will only cost you $50... assuming you leave the tags on.  Tags off and I’m not paying more than $150.