srm413

Stripers around Kennebunkport Now?

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, srm413 said:

heading to kport in a couple of weeks.  any striper action in and around the rivers?

Highly doubtful.  Heck it's iffy on LI & CT that time of year; up here it would be damn near miraculous UNLESS you happened upon some hold overs...

Stripers unlikely at this point, but you may still find small pollock around the rocks and stocked brown trout in the upper tidal areas of the Mousam and ogunquit rivers if you get a nice day. 

5 hours ago, titleguy said:

Fish (trout) were caught yesterday by hardy anglers...  Man, it got inclement about 3:30; I'm  still cold. 

where did the trout get caught....I would head up to maine if trout are being caught and verified at a spot...

14 hours ago, dan_d said:

where did the trout get caught....I would head up to maine if trout are being caught and verified at a spot...

Dan- as you are aware, spot burning is very frowned upon here.  Check the stocking reports.

understood...agree on spot burning....it's so late in the season that I figured it wouldn't hurt to try and you didn't bite....lol....

can you send the url for the maine fish and game stocking report....you mention?

thanks again

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 2:16 PM, srm413 said:

any thoughts on fly patterns for browns or searuns?

The Thin Mint.... renowned stockie and brown trout crusher in cold water.  Sometimes fished with a red copper john soft hackle as a dropper...

11-11 brown.jpg

thin mint.jpg

On 11/18/2019 at 2:16 PM, srm413 said:

any thoughts on fly patterns for browns or searuns?

In one river known for these I've done well using a nine three trout streamer but have also got them on all white clousers and small white deceivers, sometimes while fishing them for stripers. This might just be me, but it seems like any time I put my feet in the water I don't catch them, do best further off the bank..