The TideRunner

CBD Creams or Ointment

Rate this topic

46 posts in this topic

I have serious karma issues. I wasn't kind to my body, and now it's payback time, I have arthritis in multiple joins. Hands, wrists, and the worst is my neck and shoulder. When the neck strains even a tiny bit, the arthritis starts pressing on nerves and discs, causing nearly debilitating headaches. And damn, alcohol makes it worse! Which means I can't drink, or shouldn't.

Doc told me to lay off the NSAIDS for a while to give my stomach and kidneys a break, and I can't keep taking muscle relaxers once again I can't drink, or shouldn't . So I keep seeing these ads for the CDB stuff. Touted as the best thing to use since Jesus raised the dead.

Any of you guys use? if you do what brands? And the most important question, does it really work, or should I just get some snake oil?

Friend of mine had gotten medical grade THC ointment with coconut oil and he said it works almost right away, but doesn't last.

Maybe so about arthritis not on the skin, but I do have an ointment that get applied to the areas, especially the neck shoulder area, that is prescription only. Absorbed transdermally. Takes forever to provide relief.

Many meds are transdermal. Trans anything is popular these days.

Best known one is Nicotine patch. We don't smoke through our skin, but the med is absorbed that way. OTC med, Aspercreme, absorbed through the skin. And the list goes on.

Transdermal is just one way to deliver the meds to the body. Skin absorbs it, however slowly, and the meds will follow the chemical pathways .So yes a creme or ointment put on the area will work.

I use and advocate for topical use of CBD. It has worked for my muscle strains, pulls, and healing from total knee replacement. However, it never was able to provide me relief from arthritic joint pain I had prior to my surgery. YMMV, but worth trying in my opinion.

Gotta love Jimmy and others who label something as fake news or snake oil without any firsthand experience.... Boggles the mind. Someone comes asking for advice to gain some relief and another person just has to spout off without anything to back up his opinion. Why?

1 hour ago, The TideRunner said:

I have serious karma issues. I wasn't kind to my body, and now it's payback time, I have arthritis in multiple joins. Hands, wrists, and the worst is my neck and shoulder. When the neck strains even a tiny bit, the arthritis starts pressing on nerves and discs, causing nearly debilitating headaches. And damn, alcohol makes it worse! Which means I can't drink, or shouldn't.

Doc told me to lay off the NSAIDS for a while to give my stomach and kidneys a break, and I can't keep taking muscle relaxers once again I can't drink, or shouldn't . So I keep seeing these ads for the CDB stuff. Touted as the best thing to use since Jesus raised the dead.

Any of you guys use? if you do what brands? And the most important question, does it really work, or should I just get some snake oil?

Friend of mine had gotten medical grade THC ointment with coconut oil and he said it works almost right away, but doesn't last.

Felt the same way as you and just like Nightfighter and yourself I have degenerative arthritis in the knees and this is the time of the year I have issues. I lost over 70lbs and this winter will be the test. To combat the knee arthritis it's a pedal kayak and bike.  I must stay active.

I don't know about CBD, don't use it. I would however suggest to you to try fish-oil supplement and get your vitamin D checked. I have a major problem with vit d....it was zero, my doc nailed it. I had pain all over radiating. Down the legs, trouble walking. Fish-oil is good for you and acts as an anti-inflammatory.

Edited by The Riddler

I have arthritis in my shoulders and hips from years of football and mma.  I started using CBD tincture (the drops without THC) about a month ago and it definitely offers me some relief.  I avoid NSAIDS like the plague- I did get a PRP and stem cell injection in my hips in lieu of hip replacement surgery.  Lowers my overall pain level enough that I notice it and can increase my exercise without pain or weakness.  My wife has MS and her neurologist strongly recommended the drops for her as there is strong evidence of benefit from it regarding muscle spasticity, weakness and pain.  I purchased the 1000 mg drops and use a 1/4 dropper full twice a day.  Seems to help.  I also reduced my arthritic pain significantly through diet and supplementation, the CBD is kind of the icing on the cake.  

You would be better served just smoking a joint. Real CBD cost a fortune, we purchase it for a family member from a state run dispensary. Any  product you see in a gas station or convenience store for a few dollars will have little or no active ingredients. I had  bad “Arthur” in my hands, tart cherry products, turmeric and ginger has beat it right back.

I purchased from lazarus online.  Seemed to be well reviewed and works well.  Supplements and cutting sugar and other inflammatory foods will also help.  

1 hour ago, nightfighter said:

Gotta love Jimmy and others who label something as fake news or snake oil without any firsthand experience.... Boggles the mind. Someone comes asking for advice to gain some relief and another person just has to spout off without anything to back up his opinion. Why?

Because he asked for opinions and I gave him mine. So hard to understand is it not lol.

How about you show me a FDA, or CDC study that shows this stuff works? Does any of the labeled containers that you have that has this stuff say on the label it is approved by the FDA? Did you get a prescription from a real doctor who said yes this stuff will help with arthritic discomfort. 

I tried the CBD oil with zero THC at the maximum strength for joint pain and it did absolutely nothing for me besides making me sleepy and nauseous.

BTW I took it orally, haven't tried any of the rubs.

Edited by IsmailG