tomkaz

Where were you on this date 30 Year ago?

Rate this topic

30 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I can pretty much tell you I was in front of a TV, just not certain where exactly given I have blotted out the years with my ex-wife. But I remember the day and its meaning. Being born in 1960, I recall much of the mid to late Cold War, and memories of the end of the USSR and the fall of The Wall are up there With the feeling when we watched The Miracle on Ice at the Olympics.

Anyway, 30 years ago today, The Wall came down, and history was made. 

9A1590DE-7E2A-42D8-A2D6-E93675133F02.jpeg.3a70f580f055e1d6b2f5567c9246b5ae.jpeg

27EDA433-F5FD-4432-AFB5-D3D19368FB81.jpeg.4ca96174db7fa3b792d1d7495b6558e1.jpeg

FCAB7938-3701-45F5-983A-E71B0C51DAF1.jpeg.080cf1a47772ee32acb6ee7649f27efb.jpeg

Edited by tomkaz

13 mins ago, redfishkiller said:

It was a Wednesday , probably at  work, then watching whatever my wife had on tv

If it was a Wednesday. I was 15. Therefore in highschool classroom. Either thinking about hunting, fishing, or some girls boobs.  Lol

3 mins ago, LBI SurfRat said:

If it was a Wednesday. I was 15. Therefore in highschool classroom. Either thinking about hunting, fishing, or some girls boobs.  Lol

You little whipper snapper!

29 mins ago, tomkaz said:

I can pretty much tell you I was in front of a TV, just not certain where exactly given I have blotted out the years with my ex-wife. But I remember the day and its meaning. Being born in 1960, I recall much of the mid to late Cold War, and memories of the end of the USSR and the fall of The Wall are up there With the feeling when we watched The Miracle on Ice at the Olympics.

Anyway, 30 years ago today, The Wall came down, and history was made.

The year you were born, 1960, I was stationed in Berlin with the US Army.  That was all before the wall was built. 

I remember coming home from work and watching on CNN, back when it reported the News, the Wall being torn down. It looked like one Hell of a party  !