striper79

lamiglas night shift

Rate this topic

81 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, hobobob said:

Fishing all these years, I can't remember a single lamiglass product that's outstanding. Not even one. :why:

I think that becomes a personal opinion. Can’t argue that there aren’t better options today, but they have made some excellent rods over the years. They used to be the staple for surf fishermen in the Northeast. To some, they still are. With the introduction of some of these other co.’s their popularity has slid, no doubt. I think that’s the basis of the release of this new rod. It’s an attempt to compete and stay in the game. I’ll admit that i reach for my ODM rods more often these days, but i still consider the GSB one of the best rods ever made.

52 mins ago, Mack26 said:

I think that becomes a personal opinion. Can’t argue that there aren’t better options today, but they have made some excellent rods over the years. They used to be the staple for surf fishermen in the Northeast. To some, they still are. With the introduction of some of these other co.’s their popularity has slid, no doubt. I think that’s the basis of the release of this new rod. It’s an attempt to compete and stay in the game. I’ll admit that i reach for my ODM rods more often these days, but i still consider the GSB one of the best rods ever made.

I was talking about freshwater fishing where 90+ percentage of the market resides. Wherever the surf rod company is making, it's a pale comparison to the big players in freshwater market.

3 mins ago, hobobob said:

I was talking about freshwater fishing where 90+ percentage of the market resides. Wherever the surf rod company is making, it's a pale comparison to the big players in freshwater market.

Sorry, i misunderstood you, apologies.

Too bad, the night shift is actually a sexy rod, plus I like SCJs sayings/logos. But no way for that price, your in Temple Reef, almost Zenaq, and top Black Hole territory. The made in USA concept is nice I guess though, as is a lifetime warranty. The 3 surf rods I grab the most are probably my Lami 9’ Skinner, custom 10’ GSB jetty rod from whitewater, and my BH East Coast Special even though I have much more expensive rods (as well as much cheaper ones). For Striper fishing and what we do in the NE at least I really don’t see any benefit to a super high end blank over even some Tsunamis unless the rod was obviously custom built to a specific reel.