striper79

lamiglas night shift

Rate this topic

102 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

LOL I think Lamiglas needs a new marketing director............never heard of any of these...............ever....

Edited by scoobydoo

The company does seem to be staggering in circles of late.

If you're going to market surf rods at a $700 price point, like Century is doing successfully, you'd better have some bleeding-edge technology to brag about. Autoclaves, nanobuzz, graphene, guides lined with unobtanium, and so on ... what's Lami got? And I've yet to see a comment by anyone who has fished one of theses, or built a rod on a blank. 

It's ridiculous that Lami doesn't bother to have a designated representative on this site every day. BH does, Century de facto does, Penn does, Daiwa does. Lami and St. Croix should do so too. 

2 mins ago, BrianBM said:

The company does seem to be staggering in circles of late.

If you're going to market surf rods at a $700 price point, like Century is doing successfully, you'd better have some bleeding-edge technology to brag about. Autoclaves, nanobuzz, graphene, guides lined with unobtanium, and so on ... what's Lami got? And I've yet to see a comment by anyone who has fished one of theses, or built a rod on a blank. 

It's ridiculous that Lami doesn't bother to have a designated representative on this site every day. BH does, Century de facto does, Penn does, Daiwa does. Lami and St. Croix should do so too. 

Great point, Brian! I guess this was the basis of my question of are they available. Haven’t heard one thing about this line, and being what they advertise it as their top of the line, it’s a little strange there has been any buzz. Even partnering with Zeno’s group, hence the name, i’ve heard nothing. Maybe it just hasn’t had enough time.

I will admit that i’ve been a die hard Lami guy for over 20 years, but lately have been gravitating to some of the lighter blanks like ODM and Century. I would like to see and feel this rod before i draw any conclusions, but at that price point, and the components that are offered, it will be a hard sell for a lot of guys. 

Agree on that - the Century website is the worst on the web. Incoherent, out of date and badly organized. Ryan's a good guy and a superb fisherman, but farming the website out to his cousin's idiot nephew (or something like that) is bad, bad marketing. 

31 mins ago, hobobob said:

I for one cannot stand the century site for more than a minute.  They are no better than the lami site.

Yup, worst site out there. I’ve looked a few times trying to figure things out and said **** it. 

Just now, Drew C. said:

Yup, worst site out there. I’ve looked a few times trying to figure things out and said **** it. 

Open 2 rods in two windows side by side. All the words and feature are the same, just in different orders, upcycling.:laugh:

Lami is not dissimilar to penn. Essentially, both companies became what they were because there weren’t any better options. 35 years ago, if you were hardcore, what else were you gonna use other than a 704/6 and gsb? Problem is other companies made better things and lami and penn never offered anything new. 

Its probably a great rod... but if I have another season like this one, I'm just not investing in more 

new gear and will use what I already have... I have already stopped buying new gear.   As the 

striped bass fishery declines, I'm imagining sales for all related products will eventually follow.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Problem is that there are a lot of great rods out there now. 

ps - tacking this on to **********, really? That’s a solid marketing plan!

Edited by Drew C.

A consideration buying expensive rod is the warranty, Lamiglas has the worst rating the BBB issues. Don't ask me how I know, there was a Lami rep on SOL who said he would resolve my issue, he didn't. 

24 mins ago, squidder 329 said:

A consideration buying expensive rod is the warranty, Lamiglas has the worst rating the BBB issues. Don't ask me how I know, there was a Lami rep on SOL who said he would resolve my issue, he didn't. 

BBB ratings are garbage. You can literally purchase a perfect rating from them, and they are not regulated at all. No better than Yelp.

FWIW, they are also releasing another lower end (budget wise) line alongside the Insane line, called the Carbon Surf. Made overseas, but sitting right in the $200-$220 price point.