Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smath

More consequences of climate change

Rate this topic

159 posts in this topic

40 mins ago, Hirdy said:

I try, but all I get in return is ignorant rants from people who can't be bothered reading scientific journals. Get an education about science and how it's done and what the implications are.

Or even just get an education.

Good news is that I do have a science related graduate degree.  Even wrote a few articles in scientific journals.  BTW, did you know that 80% of claims made in journal articles are later disproved?  Just food for thought.

10 mins ago, Steve_in_PA said:

Good news is that I do have a science related graduate degree.  Even wrote a few articles in scientific journals.  BTW, did you know that 80% of claims made in journal articles are later disproved?  Just food for thought.

Oh stop it....he is the smart one. Try to keep up won’t you ?

It can be very frustrating when what you are saying is so dumb that even the stupid people laugh at you.

22 mins ago, Hirdy said:

Dumb Americans. :hooked:

How much more do we need to spend? We have 12, nope 11 years! Your prophets have told us so.

How much? Where does it need to be spent? What can we, Americans, do to stop THE impending death of our Planet? How much do we have to pay, China, India, the Sub Continent, and most of developing Africa to convince them that they need to reduce their carbon footprint? 

Tell us

It's not climate change, it's over population.  Too many people in the world driving, pooping and generally being useless other than polluting.  You want to save the fish, stop breeding.  

According to recent research, 40 of the top 50 most polluted cities in the world are in China or India. 

Edited by Heron25

49 mins ago, Hirdy said:

Dumb Americans. :hooked:

We didn’t impose a Carbon Tax upon ourselves like the Australians did. I bet you were mad that a one issue PM candidate won and got his mandate to repeal that tax ASAP.  Shame shame. Carbon Tax..... Ha Ha Ha

We also didn’t give up our guns, or spy on one of your PM candidates just to help another. China would be imposing their good form of communism upon you if we suddenly decided to keep our warships in port to please your sensitivities regarding CO2 emissions.

All you have are insults. You lose.

Too many damn people on earth, too much stress on the resources.  No easy answer here.  Paper straws and electric cars aren't going to save us.  My theory is that segments of the population will die off, most indirectly, from changes in the climate.  Thereafter the human population will right size itself and prosper once again.  Nature's way of re-balancing itself.  

5 mins ago, Heron25 said:

If Americans are so dumb how come the world demands that we lead everything?

Capability, technology, resources and the willingness to help other, but we still can't control the climate and nobody else can either.

3 hours ago, Hirdy said:

I try, but all I get in return is ignorant rants from people who can't be bothered reading scientific journals. Get an education about science and how it's done and what the implications are.

Or even just get an education.

In my many years on this board I have learned that calling those you disagree with stupid and/or uneducated is the surest sign of an argument lost.

7 mins ago, Jmat321 said:

Too many damn people on earth, too much stress on the resources.  No easy answer here.  Paper straws and electric cars aren't going to save us.  My theory is that segments of the population will die off, most indirectly, from changes in the climate.  Thereafter the human population will right size itself and prosper once again.  Nature's way of re-balancing itself.  

I think it will happen sooner due to financial collapse.  For those in the US it will be like the greatest depression.  For much of the third world it will be worse.

36 mins ago, Jmat321 said:

Like with a pandemic. That is nature's way to control out of control populations with high densities.  Add in our ever increasing levels of fast international travel and uncontrolled migration and the risks increase exponentially. That is why the Obama Administration's decision to bring Ebola patients to our country was well beyond stupid.

Add in how inefficent the government is at doing just about anything and lawyers trying to line the pockets by suing companies that research test and produce vaccines and it borders on suicidal.  We often have shortages of well tested and accepted vaccines because fewer and fewer companies are willing to risk the potnetial litigation costs. Even if we had the right vaccine we no longer have the capacity and resources to produce enough fast enough.

Edited by Jay Blair

11 mins ago, Jmat321 said:

"right size itself"?     :headscratch:

We're more likely to kill humanity off with some super virus the we created.