Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smath

More consequences of climate change

Rate this topic

159 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Hirdy said:

The climate has not "always changed". For the last 11,000 years it has been stable, allowing us to develop agriculture and grow our population to 8 billion. As we deviate from that 11,000 year stability, we will lose the ability to farm, which means we lose civilisation.

But if it helps you deal with it, maintain the argument that "the climate has always changed and will always do so". I fail to find any comfort in that line of thought though.

Cheers,

Graeme

Wel it’s a known fact that weather warfare exists ever hear of Geo Engineering?

heres a link

https://youtu.be/E46hqIVpQBQ

10 hours ago, FishinMortician said:

Confronting these people when they offer propaganda is the best way forward.

I try, but all I get in return is ignorant rants from people who can't be bothered reading scientific journals. Get an education about science and how it's done and what the implications are.

Or even just get an education.

On 11/9/2019 at 8:11 PM, Hirdy said:

The climate has not "always changed". For the last 11,000 years it has been stable, allowing us to develop agriculture and grow our population to 8 billion. As we deviate from that 11,000 year stability, we will lose the ability to farm, which means we lose civilisation.

But if it helps you deal with it, maintain the argument that "the climate has always changed and will always do so". I fail to find any comfort in that line of thought though.

Cheers,

Graeme

11,000 years ago the Jersey beach that we know today was 60 meters above sea level. 

Plants flourish at higher CO2 levels and slightly elevated temperatures.  Crop production will increase.

On 11/8/2019 at 5:59 PM, smath said:

There's an article in the NY Times on 11/7/19 titled: "The Baymen’s Nightmare: All the Scallops Are Dead" that tells the story of how this year's crop of bay scallops in Peconic Bay in New York were killed by rising water temperatures. More evidence of how climate change is affecting our natural resources.

Tell me that when we break the all time low temp for this day on Wed........

He convinced me. Today I will go outside, and dump the contents of my ice maker into the local creek to lower the water temperature. 8f everyone did this every day for a year, imagine the progress cooling the planet we could make.

9 mins ago, Hirdy said:

I try, but all I get in return is ignorant rants from people who can't be bothered reading scientific journals. Get an education about science and how it's done and what the implications are.

Or even just get an education.

Well well well....it always comes down to this basic insult. You are a highly educated man and so everyone must agree with your very learned insights into planetary weather patterns.

You no more have a grasp on global weather patterns than a bushman living in the rainforest 3,000 years ago. Oh you read some stories and now that makes you so superior. 

It is a hoax. Chicken Little stuff. The Emperor Has No Clothes stuff. Give us your money and we will save you from planetary cataclysms. Do exactly as we say because we are smart and you are dumb. Bunch of Scientologists have fooled your perfect brain.

HOAX.......look up that word and read some yourself.

5 mins ago, FishinMortician said:

Well well well....it always comes down to this basic insult. You are a highly educated man and so everyone must agree with your very learned insights into planetary weather patterns.

You no more have a grasp on global weather patterns than a bushman living in the rainforest 3,000 years ago. Oh you read some stories and now that makes you so superior. 

It is a hoax. Chicken Little stuff. The Emperor Has No Clothes stuff. Give us your money and we will save you from planetary cataclysms. Do exactly as we say because we are smart and you are dumb. Bunch of Scientologists have fooled your perfect brain.

The real question is how much does he believe?

Does he believe the 11,000 scientists that agree the global population is about double the ideal enough to off himself?

Or, does he fall into the group that thinks things are bad, just not bad enough to be that drastic?

Or, does he believe it is bad enough to kill off half of us, but it should be the deniers that are sacrificed, because only the folks smart enough to believe should live?

On 11/8/2019 at 10:23 PM, FishHawk II said:

It is too bad and unfortunate that this serious issue has become politicalized. I fish in Alaska and the permafrost is melting and villages have to move because of this. So what say you deniers ? FishHawk

Probably not true.

If you can prove some man caused the global warming, you should sue that mn

48 mins ago, Hirdy said:

You are kidding, right? A youtube video is your idea of scientific research?

Do your research your a far left right? your supposed to have a "open mind"

you sir probably believe Al Gore?

He's a climate genius lol

Maybe just maybe the climate police are drilling this narrative into your brain so they can control your activities like diving a car heating your house flying in a plane who knows but all I see are a bunch of hypocrites that say "Do as I say but not as I do"

Edited by mkus

17 mins ago, FishinMortician said:

Lol  right He's Al Gore's poster child lol...