Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smath

More consequences of climate change

Rate this topic

159 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

There's an article in the NY Times on 11/7/19 titled: "The Baymen’s Nightmare: All the Scallops Are Dead" that tells the story of how this year's crop of bay scallops in Peconic Bay in New York were killed by rising water temperatures. More evidence of how climate change is affecting our natural resources.

Edited by smath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes the climate has always changed how about over fishing?

Stripers are on the downward spiral I guess that’s climate change to not over harvesting? 
The climate change thing has made me sick the climate will continue to change long after we’re gone.

Sorry watch some videos by Dane wiggington on geo engineering on YouTube that’s man made climate change

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

due to precession,the earth's climate is always changing.

our current state has happened before,the position our planet is in has happened before and will again after we are gone.

the huge amounts of Co2[not that it is a huge amount,the percentage is very low actually] in the atmosphere is due to the consumers of the co2 being absent as of now.

HH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The climate has & will change always.

The NYT version is the Alinsky moral tactic to make the redistribution of wealth possible for socialism. They failed at trying to make any dissention a hate crime and admitted the deception many times. Most recent was AOC's handler. Which may have been reported in the same paper.

The climate has & will change always.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is too bad and unfortunate that this serious issue has become politicalized. I fish in Alaska and the permafrost is melting and villages have to move because of this. So what say you deniers ? FishHawk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There used to be sharks in the ocean that is now Colorado. 

 

The leftists try to blame every weather event on climate change but insist weather isn't climate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes climate has changed in the past but now it changes so fast that nature can not adapt with it fast enough!

 

Esa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

new excuses for what everybody knows is a problem...….

 

 

wait till these guys get a "leftist-socialist bailout"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, smath said:

There's an article in the NY Times on 11/7/19 titled: "The Baymen’s Nightmare: All the Scallops Are Dead" that tells the story of how this year's crop of bay scallops in Peconic Bay in New York were killed by rising water temperatures. More evidence of how climate change is affecting our natural resources.

The New York Times...…………….? Doesn't that come on a roll?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Buckscorider said:

There used to be sharks in the ocean that is now Colorado. 

 

The leftists try to blame every weather event on climate change but insist weather isn't climate.

Many do, especially those with little scientific literacy (vast majority of the population). Climate is composed of long-term weather patterns, so yes it does get ridiculous when every individual storm, drought, etc is blamed on climate change. However, a long-term increase in the occurrence of extreme weather events is in fact a  "side-effect" of climate change. Rising average water temps is also climate not weather related, especially when you consider the amount of energy it requires to heat water. I have no clue how your comment relates to the cited article. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The climate has not "always changed". For the last 11,000 years it has been stable, allowing us to develop agriculture and grow our population to 8 billion. As we deviate from that 11,000 year stability, we will lose the ability to farm, which means we lose civilisation.

 

But if it helps you deal with it, maintain the argument that "the climate has always changed and will always do so". I fail to find any comfort in that line of thought though.

 

Cheers,

Graeme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, C.Robin said:

I have no clue how your comment relates to the cited article. 

 

It probably doesn't. That's what I'm saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Hirdy said:

The climate has not "always changed". For the last 11,000 years it has been stable, allowing us to develop agriculture and grow our population to 8 billion. As we deviate from that 11,000 year stability, we will lose the ability to farm, which means we lose civilisation.

 

But if it helps you deal with it, maintain the argument that "the climate has always changed and will always do so". I fail to find any comfort in that line of thought though.

 

Cheers,

Graeme


Please tell us the optimum temperature that me must stick to? There were farms win Greenland 700 years ago and the temperature was much warmer on this planet. The was an ice age, and mini ice age. Please stop making stuff up from the blink of an eye we have lived on this planet. FYI I am not for polluting either but I am not going to walk or bike everywhere either..........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.