capesams

Pichney collectors ?

27 posts in this topic

34 mins ago, capesams said:

I for one will cherish each and everyone I own....from the plain white to the fancy...from the well used to the new....wood danny be smiling or shaking his head today ?

He would probably be shaking his head in disbelief but with a smile. Sort of what he would do to me when I would place an order for a quantity of only two plugs of one special order color.

3 hours ago, capesams said:

I for one will cherish each and everyone I own....from the plain white to the fancy...from the well used to the new....wood danny be smiling or shaking his head today ?

Pichney or early BM?Only reason i was thinking Pichney was because the line tie is pointy looking and ive never seen BM do it that way..but I feel like its a BM

20191110_154032.jpg

20191110_154049.jpg

This may or may not be the case as it could just be a matter of my observation, but it seems like the prices for Pichney plugs have dropped in the last year or so. Perhaps it's a matter of the condition of some of those being sold or that there are simply more being offered for sale. I'm interested to hear what others think.

Dave

I think the plug market on the whole has been depressed this year. There are only a couple brands that are in high demand and the vintage or no longer made market has been hit the hardest. Leftys, Gary2s, Pichneys, etc.

Depends on the person collecting if something comes along they are into and the shape an color is an odd one...he or she will spend whatever it takes to get it into their collection...Common colors and shapes will not get the interest or if a collector already has one they won't spend the bucks, they will save their money till that odd duck comes along,,yes condition plays a big roll as well...lots of beaters out there that are over priced...don't buy them..this will make prices drop too....I see folks pay a lot for something that isn't worth what they paid..then try an turn around and try to sell it higher...now their stuck with it or take a bath.

A big part is when the high end collectors who pay the most cause they have the means to do so pass away...that big money drives the market too...now their gone your only left with the middle income folks and they don't have the means to spend big.

I have not seen a downward trend with pichneys....if they are the tough to find kind....commons are doing ok ,,kinda holding their own...if NEW.

Guys that want to fish with pichneys won't pay squat for them....True collectors are on the higher end ...

Posted (edited) · Report post

I think someone put the hook on the wrong end. As pointed out the 2 hooks are different. Danny did make "backwards needlefish" but they didn't look like that

Edited by SC