jjdbike

Recomendation please-Open/Charter boat Stripers

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Hey folks,

I'm def a surf guy when it comes to stripers. A friend / colleague has a 16 year old son who is dying to catch a striper. His dad does not fish & son is a newb at best w/ no gear. He lives in Wilmington DE, but will travel.  I'm respectfully requestion suggestions for open charter boat recomendations. He'll prolly want to go with a frined or two but I doubt he can fill a six pack or afford to charter whole boat. Dad is one of my bosses and is a really great guy and his son is an outstanding and mature young man of charachter. I'd like to steer him in the right direction.

Can anyone please offer recomendations for good boats that might be appropriate for him? If he knew what he was doing and had gear I'd suggest Captain Ron's Fisherman, but neither are the case.

Thank you in advance.

JD

The Big Mohawk out of Belmar is a good boat. No nonsense party boat, but check their schedule to see if they're fishing for stripers or blackfish.

Scales and Tales out of Twin Lights, Highlands, NJ  908-477-7537  Erwin is a very good captain and person.  Doesn't honor the NJ striped bass tag and fishes in legal waters.  Can't say that for all . . . not sure if he runs an open boat.  Doesn't hurt to ask for pricing for a smaller party (less than 5).

908-477-7537