Daylight

New Reg 28-35, Goodbye Records and Tourneys

Rate this topic

62 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Daylight said:

Never cared for the tournaments, could be a good thing.

How do you set a record when the limit is one at 35” max?

Tournament is now catch and release length only. Pic with tournament application letterhead and ruler.

I’m just gonna be so happy watching those fishery slaughtering contraptions we call party boats tossing all those cows back......Hope they stop targeting Bass and stick to ground fish........But they’re probably still stick em with a gaff just to ensure that even if they had to toss it back it will be floating in 15 minutes........also all the canal Googans who think they know how to fish are gonna be butthurt when they can’t kill a 40” fish every time they go there and post a backyard pic on social media with it.....John

4 mins ago, 55555s said:

oh, they'll figure out how to keep at it.

Well the silver bullet to even a full on moratorium is the lack of enforcement.....

1 hour ago, mybosox3 said:

Tournament is now catch and release length only. Pic with tournament application letterhead and ruler.

I always thought it was such a waste to kill such a large fish just for the sake of a contest.  At least this new way they can still get credit for the fish and it has a chance to grow/reproduce.

4 hours ago, jps1010 said:

I always thought it was such a waste to kill such a large fish just for the sake of a contest.  At least this new way they can still get credit for the fish and it has a chance to grow/reproduce.

Yup. Hopefully this ends a lot of tourneys going forward. 

4 hours ago, john1234 said:

I’m just gonna be so happy watching those fishery slaughtering contraptions we call party boats tossing all those cows back......Hope they stop targeting Bass and stick to ground fish........But they’re probably still stick em with a gaff just to ensure that even if they had to toss it back it will be floating in 15 minutes........also all the canal Googans who think they know how to fish are gonna be butthurt when they can’t kill a 40” fish every time they go there and post a backyard pic on social media with it.....John

since when do Party Boats follow regs?

We never needed kill tourneys anyway.

A good tournament would have a designated measuring device and a requirement of immediate entry, make it a real contest with up to the second results and let every fish go!

It was great to see the striper cup go to no kill this year.

Posted (edited) · Report post

10 mins ago, john1234 said:

True that.......i’d like to believe at least some do........

Some i'm sure do but the hand full of times i've been on a PB it was the opposite

some of my favorite lines were

"you can keep over your limit, your fishing for a "boat Limit"

It's ok that sea bass is 13" we are fishing in international waters 

Edited by Sandflee