ASrod

Aquaskinz - Awful customer service, or nonexistent?

Rate this topic

37 posts in this topic

55 mins ago, l.i.fish.in.vt said:

if thats Kadirs policy,its piss poor,losing a customer is losing more money than replacing an.item.I still have an original large bag that was made in Turkey when his family produced his bags it has held up well after many many outings.unfortunatly i cant say the same of the gear made over seas.i have/had quite a few Aquaskinz bags,some held up well some have fallen apart.if i had a problem with customer service with any product,i wouldn't buy that brand again and would certainly make it known to others.

I have original surf top and plug bag from Turkey also.

where is it made now? 

3 hours ago, Drew C. said:

They've had crappy products and crappy service for such a long time now I am surprised people still buy their stuff.

His sub contractors have Kids sewing with crappy tread ......... they mfg. crappy products and his customer service is crappy. 

The name Crapraskinz ....... they earned it!

I had an old small bag of theirs that lasted quite a few years but too frustrating getting hooks out of it. I still have a 15 year old pair of their gloves and have gone through a couple of finger guards which are an absolute necessity and my favorite product from them. Never had to contact customer service but there is no excuse to not respond to a customer and if it happened to me, I would never give them business again.

Sounds like their customer service is non-existent, combine that with poor quality goods and top of the market prices= probably going out of business shortly. The players appeared worthy, guess they did pretty well early and have struggled the last few years trying to provide the quality the users require. 

And now, no help for the customer, not even the courtesy of answering a phone or an e-mail.  Shame.

I'm curious what people want or expect from customer service on a plug bag. It's a tool that you put to use. As many have noted, one of Aquaskinz' weak points is the material and hooks hanging up in it, but that's the bag. If you bought it (I did) and didn't know about that weakness, that's on you. What could you possibly need from them unless a structural element like the tabs that hold the strap on, spontaneously fail after the first use? If a relatively low price point product fails after 1-2 years, what did you expect?

1 hour ago, NMurray said:

I'm curious what people want or expect from customer service on a plug bag. It's a tool that you put to use. As many have noted, one of Aquaskinz' weak points is the material and hooks hanging up in it, but that's the bag. If you bought it (I did) and didn't know about that weakness, that's on you. What could you possibly need from them unless a structural element like the tabs that hold the strap on, spontaneously fail after the first use? If a relatively low price point product fails after 1-2 years, what did you expect?

I definitely wouldn’t consider it a cheap bag. Cheap would be the sub $50 shimano, fj Neal or whatever other crap is on amazon or at bass pro. Not although I bought it over two years ago, it sat in a box with the tags on it until this June. Never seeing saltwater.

Sorry to hear everyone’s problems with aquaskins bags. I have mine for several years. It was well designed. The only problem was hooks sticking in the material. I solved that by smearing the area the hooks stuck in with aqua seal. Does anyone remember the scotch line plug bags from the previous millennium? We had to hacksaw the edge off of Plano boxes for dividers. They were open weave canvas that was a hook magnet. The fittings were brass and corroded badly, the leather shoulder strap and closure rotted and had to be replaced. We forget how good even the bad equipment we have today is.