ASrod

Aquaskinz - Awful customer service, or nonexistent?

Rate this topic

36 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Drew C. said:

Did you put it on and use the hose?

they were probably ****ing with you. 

My buddy had one of their hunter elite bags. You know, thier hi end crap. The belt loops both tore off in less than a season. He was told that the belt loops aren’t for use with a belt. I thought they were ****ing with him, they weren’t. Thier products and customer service are a joke. 

5 hours ago, TJ12 said:

Should I not buy their products then? Are the products worth the bad support?

The products are garbage and their customer service is a joke.  Run away, don't walk.

On 11/7/2019 at 6:24 PM, TJ12 said:

Should I not buy their products then? Are the products worth the bad support?

I've had an AS medium bag for 5 years now and have beat the heck out of it and it is still in reasonably good shape. The bag has a good design and conveniently holds a lot for the size with good access. Biggest problem with the bag is hooking the material at the top of the tubes when removing plugs, just need to be careful, which in rough conditions is easier said than done. When I bought it the price was $80. and you could actually get it, where as, most of the higher end bags were hard to get due to limited numbers and high price. This year I purchased the ODM bag which I really like and is a better bag than the AS. Remembering it cost twice as much as the AS bag. So if the AS is at the high end of your price range than I think it would work well for you.

I have never had to deal with AS support so I can not comment on that.  

On 11/7/2019 at 7:13 PM, hobobob said:

My point is lost in translation. agam. :shrug:    Asrod knew what he was getting into before his purchase.   Hope he learn his lesson. 

You are still not addressing the topic of this thread. The lack of support. What is the price of the product has to do with not getting responses to his phone calls   ? Read the title of this thread and then you will hopefully understand the subject of this thread.

Edited by levari

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 5:03 PM, C.Robin said:

Idk how this company still exists, all I've heard is awful stuff about them and their products.

Their high end bags (Hunter pro) are pretty good actually.

On 11/7/2019 at 5:20 PM, hobobob said:

Let's be honest, you didn't buy the bag because it's well made, it's because it's cheap. Regular as, not the hunter elite, Salvage the inserts, buy something else better and move on.  

since when is a 120 surf bag a cheapo?

300 and 400$ surf bags are relatively new

5 hours ago, levari said:

You are still not addressing the topic of this thread. The lack of support. What is the price of the product has to do with not getting responses to his phone calls   ? Read the title of this thread and then you will hopefully understand the subject of this thread.

My apologies, aquaskinz should have responded and tell him to go **** himself like many before him. :howdy:

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

since when is a 120 surf bag a cheapo?

300 and 400$ surf bags are relatively new

I didn't expect him to pay over a hundred for that crap. I didn't pay 300-400 for my gear up. I happen to like my aquaskin d ring and 2 tube Hunter elite.

Here is the thing.  All stuff fails.  Some more than others.  I had to modify my small tall and its been in the lineup active for 15 years.

I dont think many realize that Kadir is a one man show.  Also he zero recourse to 'fix' his stuff.  He gets it at a one time buy, pays premium because his MOQs are so low, and has no ownership of the factory building his products.  When one fails because he is buying as cost effectively as possible he has no option, but to replace.  That means losing money on each warranty call.

Please understand I am not defending him.  Its the one complaint that has been around for a long long time.  This is the way he deals with issues.  And the free market works.  Used to be a time I saw those Aqua jackets and his bags everywhere.  Now I rarely see Aquaskinz products out there.  As more and more folks have issues, he loses more and more customers.  

I just thought it might be helpful to know why he does what he does.  It is not his company policy to be so bad at warranty and defects, its simply his only choice.  He would rather lose a customer than lose the money.  That simple.

if thats Kadirs policy,its piss poor,losing a customer is losing more money than replacing an.item.I still have an original large bag that was made in Turkey when his family produced his bags it has held up well after many many outings.unfortunatly i cant say the same of the gear made over seas.i have/had quite a few Aquaskinz bags,some held up well some have fallen apart.if i had a problem with customer service with any product,i wouldn't buy that brand again and would certainly make it known to others.

1 hour ago, Shipwreck said:

Here is the thing.  All stuff fails.  Some more than others.  I had to modify my small tall and its been in the lineup active for 15 years.

I dont think many realize that Kadir is a one man show.  Also he zero recourse to 'fix' his stuff.  He gets it at a one time buy, pays premium because his MOQs are so low, and has no ownership of the factory building his products.  When one fails because he is buying as cost effectively as possible he has no option, but to replace.  That means losing money on each warranty call.

Please understand I am not defending him.  Its the one complaint that has been around for a long long time.  This is the way he deals with issues.  And the free market works.  Used to be a time I saw those Aqua jackets and his bags everywhere.  Now I rarely see Aquaskinz products out there.  As more and more folks have issues, he loses more and more customers.  

I just thought it might be helpful to know why he does what he does.  It is not his company policy to be so bad at warranty and defects, its simply his only choice.  He would rather lose a customer than lose the money.  That simple.

I have not tried the newer stuff but the old stuff was quality.  I still the have the aqua surf top, it’s about 15 years old and the medium bag also.  

Finally my top needs replacing.