Sandflee

350 Legend

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, LBI SurfRat said:

No idea.  Think it was created because a few states that never allowed rifles now allow straight walled rifle cartridge's.  

yeah seems that way, bunch of hype, more energy that a 30-30 less recoil than a 243 and effective range of 250 yrds

found a box of 35Rem Core Lokt at the store last night, felt like I found a unicorn

On 11/7/2019 at 10:12 PM, LBI SurfRat said:

...Think it was created because a few states that never allowed rifles now allow straight walled rifle cartridge's.  

Exactly--I hunt Iowa and they are allowing straight walled rifled cartridges with cases no longer than 1.8"--the .350 fits this niche market. I believe some other states like Ohio, Indiana, and parts of Michigan and Wisconsin are doing the same thing. I will definitely check out the .350 when it becomes readily available. I'm using a Marlin .44 lever action this year, but the .350 offers more range. 

If you guys are looking for ammo, and handloads which are hotter, look at black butterfly ammo. Now, I haven’t tried any of their stuff as of yet. If you look at some of the 450 ammo they do, it’s flowers like crazy. Not cheap at about $50/20. 

I just ordered a cva Hunter in 450 bushmaster. Once I have it in hand and do a little range time I’ll report back. Ill be using it for pig hunting. 

6 hours ago, cgg said:

Exactly--I hunt Iowa and they are allowing straight walled rifled cartridges with cases no longer than 1.8"--the .350 fits this niche market. I believe some other states like Ohio, Indiana, and parts of Michigan and Wisconsin are doing the same thing. I will definitely check out the .350 when it becomes readily available. I'm using a Marlin .44 lever action this year, but the .350 offers more range. 

I don't rifle hunt (in NJ) but if I was planning on getting into that platform I'd go with the .444 or the 450 Bushmaster. 

The 350 has 1000lb energy out to 150 then starts dropping. 

The other 2 go beyond 250 yards. Trajectory with 150 yard zero is similar. 

I think the 350 vs 20ga slug is an argument one could have. Shotgun ammo can be hit or miss. 

The 450 does come in different guns(bolt and ar).  

The recoil in the 2 I mentioned is double the 350 so there is that. 

For me I don't see the 350 being advantageous over the 20 inside 150 yards(my limit) If I want to extend my range to 250 I'm going with the 2 mentioned or even the 45-70. 

EDIT...unsure of the length cases on the ones I mentioned so that may blow everything I said out of the water.  Lol ...EDIT

Good luck this season!  Smack a Booner! 

Nick

Edited by LBI SurfRat