DoorGunner

Bewildered.

Rate this topic

41 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

On the way home from work yesterday I stopped at my local Acme to do a little more Thanksgiving shopping before the markets get crazy. It's a small store on our island with only 7 checkout lanes and four self checkout. I stopped because there were only a few cars in the lot and figured I could get in and out quick. As I walked through the lot I passed a beat up car and was amazed to see someone had attached their phone to the center of their steering wheel. Could see the loop of duct tape sticking out from under the phone. I keep going and of course grab a cart that should have been taken outside and put down to end it's misery. Front wheel kind of doing it's own thing and a back wheel with a flat spot that kept going thump thump as I pushed it around. Wasn't bad outside the market but inside all ten people in the store knew exactly where I was. Grab my stuff and head to the checkout where one woman was working and she was talking with a manager while passing goods past the scanner. I put one of the bars between my stuff and the person in front of me and waited. After the customer in front of me paid I waited for the belt to move my stuff up towards the scanner but it didn't budge. Other customer left and the checker turned from the manager and smiled at me and said. Can you push all your items up to me. I just looked at her for a few seconds and asked, belt broken. She smiled and said yes. I looked around and asked. Why not switch to one of the other six empty registers. She looked at her manager who was looking around and the (woman) manager said and I quote. "Good idea, why didn't we think of that" I know that with minimal effort I could be king of this island in no time.   

Edited by DoorGunner

I know the ACME you spoke of.  I have only been in there a few times.  The last time I was there I was buying 4 items.  I went to check out and looked around.  There were no check out lanes open.  I stood there for about 30 seconds and decided that was long enough.  I left my 4 items on the conveyor belt of the check out closest to customer service and started to walk out.  Then a woman sitting at customer service said "I can take you here"  I said NO THANKS and kept walking.  I have not been back since.  That was about 4 or 5 years ago.  It's a way of life for people who are born here. 

There was a guy I worked with that would leave "deuces" in five gallon buckets all around the job site.....the mad **** .We had a spot a pot,why would you crap in a bucket.

3 hours ago, DoorGunner said:

I know that with minimal effort I could be king of this island in no time.   

We already know that you are, it's the rest of the rabble that need to be informed.