flyangler

Amb Taylor, actually witness called to defend Trump or what?

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

Hmmm, so Amb Taylor knew less about what was going on in Ukraine than anyone imagined, right? Recall that imagined Q&A I posted of a possible interaction between Taylor and Graham? Well, with the release of Taylor's transcript, it appears that the truth was more fascinating than the fiction. It helps explain why Schiff's staffers had to work with Taylor to release a damning opening statement, because his own words would eviscerate his value as a direct witness to the quid pro faux. 

As I an others have pointed out, Taylor KNEW NOTHING FIRST HAND AND "CAME TO CONCLUDE" STUFF BASED ON SECOND AND THIRD HAND INFORMATION. 

Remember my faux dialogue and it imagining that Taylor had no direct knowledge? That he should have been informed directly of the Ukrainians' concerns on the quid pro faux in realtime, if the Ukrainians actually knew they were being "extorted"? Anyone recall the ridicule I faced from certain maroons over that? Heck! I wasn’t even close to how removed Taylor was from any knowedge of what what was occurring. 

To recap Taylor's actual testimony, not the puffery in his opening statement:

He has never spoken directly to Giuliani 

He was never asked by anyone to speak with Giuliani
He was never spoken to nor ever had any communications with Trump
He has never spoken to nor had any communications with Mulvaney 

He was not on the call 

He did not know the contents of the call until the WH released the transcript

He admitted that the Ukrainians did not know of any delay in the military aid at the time of the phone call 
And finally, Taylor had no direct knowledge of any linkage between the aid delay and any requested inquiry, no actual knowledge of a quid pro quo

So @The Dude, you’ve told us how relevant and damning Amb Taylor was to Trump and Giuliani, still think that way? Still think the WB was irrelevant because we had Taylor's testimony and that’s all that mattered up to that point? Still dismiss that the Dems release his 14-page opening statement because they knew his actual words would be dismissive of his claims? 

Such dopes. 

Testimony Transcript Shows William Taylor Never Talked To Trump, Wasn’t Even On July 25 Phone Call

A top anti-Trump witness for House Democrats admitted he wasn't on the July 25 phone call and had never even spoken with Trump about Ukraine military aid.

Sean Davis

A key Democratic witness against Trump admitted in congressional testimony last month that he was not part of the July 25 phone call between the U.S. and Ukrainian presidents, that he didn’t see a transcript or readout of it until late September when it was declassified and released, and that he has never even spoken to President Donald Trump.

William Taylor, the charge d’affairs of the U.S. Embassy in Kyiv, Ukraine, told lawmakers in secret testimony two weeks ago that his opinions about an alleged quid pro quo demanded by Trump were formed largely from conversations with anti-Trump staffers within the diplomatic bureaucracy.

“[Y]ou’ve never spoken to Mr. [Rudy] Giuliani?” Taylor was asked.

“No, no,” he replied.

“Has anyone ever asked you to speak to Mr. Giuliani?”

“No,” Taylor said.

“And if I may, have you spoken to the president of the United States?” Taylor was asked.

“I have not,” he said.

“You had no communications with the president of the United States?”

“Correct,” Taylor said.

He also admitted he had never spoken to Mick Mulvaney, Trump’s chief of staff.

When asked who exactly he had spoken to about the brouhaha, Taylor confirmed that his only contacts about the matter were with John Bolton, the former national security adviser who was fired by Trump, Fiona Hill, Alexander Vindman, and Tim Morrison. Both Hill and Vindman are rumored to have been sources for the so-called whistleblower who filed a complaint against Trump in August.

Taylor also testified that his knowledge of the phone call between Trump and Ukrainian president Volodymr Zelensky wasn’t first-hand knowledge.

“And this isn’t firsthand. It’s not secondhand. It’s not thirdhand,” Rep. Lee Zeldin, R-N.Y., said to Taylor. “But if I understand this correctly, you’re telling us that Tim Morrison told you that Ambassador Sondland told him that the president told Ambassador Sondland that Zelensky would have to open an investigation into Biden?”

“That’s correct,” Taylor admitted.

Zeldin noted that the only reference to Democratic presidential candidate and former Vice President Joe Biden in Taylor’s opening statement stemmed from that convoluted game of telephone. The New York lawmaker hammered Taylor for relying on third-hand information about the state of mind of an elected official to whom he had never spoken.

“So do you have any other source that the president’s goal in making this request was anything other than The New York Times?” Zeldin asked.

“I have not talked to the president,” Taylor said. “I have no other information from what the president was thinking.”

Under questioning from Rep. John Ratcliffe, R-Texas, Taylor also testified that the Ukrainian government wasn’t aware U.S. military funding had been temporarily suspended until late August, and then only after the information was leaked to the news media, meaning an alleged quid pro quo would have been impossible.

“So, if nobody in the Ukrainian government is aware of a military hold at the time of the Trump-Zelensky call, then, as a matter of law and as a matter of fact, there can be no quid pro quo, based on military aid,” Ratcliffe, a former federal prosecutor, said. “I just want to be real clear that, again, as of July 25th, you have no knowledge of a quid pro quo involving military aid.”

“July 25th is a week after the hold was put on the security assistance,” Taylor testified. “And July 25th, they had a conversation between the two presidents, where it was not discussed.”

“And to your knowledge, nobody in the Ukrainian government was aware of the hold?” Ratcliffe asked.

“That is correct,” Taylor responded.

Taylor also testified that he didn’t see any official readout of the July 25 phone call until it was declassified and released by Trump in late September.

“I did not see any official readout of the call until it was publicly released on September 25th,” he said.

A reminder of my imagining:

Here’s how today plays out in the Senate.

I have dictated the below while sitting in traffic. I don’t know why (Tailor) is in parenthesis but I can clearly understand Siri interpreting it as a occupation and not as of last name. I really don’t have a desire to edit this, so please excuse any confusion. 

Lindsey Graham: ambassador (Tailor), did you ever have a conversation with President Trump regarding the delay in the transfer of the military aid?

(Tailor); no Senator.

Graham: ambassador, did you ever have a conversation with Secretary of State Pompeo regarding the delay of the military aid?

(Tailor): no senator, I did not. 

Graham: ambassador, did you know at the time that the aid had been held up?

(Tailor): no senator, I did not. 

Graham: ambassador, do you have any evidence that Ukrainians knew about the delay in the military aid at the time the phone call was made or in the weeks immediately thereafter?

Tailor: no senator, I am not aware that the Ukrainians had any indication that the military aid was delayed at that time.

Graham: ambassador, given your role in the region, do you have enough confidence in the Ukrainian government and its diplomats that they would have approached you with any concerns regarding the delay in the aid which was so precious to them?

(Tailor): senator, I understand what you’re saying, and yes, I would have expected them to approach me with any concerns of that nature.

Graham: ambassador, do you have any direct evidence of a quid pro quo that you could share with us? And I don’t mean supposition or assumptions on your part, I am talking about direct evidence.

(Tailor): no senator, I have no such evidence, beyond my opinions.

Latching your coup redux hopes on a partisan WB spy, with hyper partisan lawyers led by Pencil Neck....suckers!!  

Furthermore, fark those that were gladly wiping thier arses with The Constitution, because of how they "feel" about Drumpf, bunch of traitors to this Republic.

Whistleblower....lol!! - :laugh:

-

Surely Taylor's riveting account will stand up well under cross during Ted Cruz's allotted time in the Senate impeachment trial, lol.

1 min ago, Wigeon said:

Surely Taylor's riveting account will stand up well under cross during Ted Cruz's allotted time in the Senate impeachment trial, lol.

Why wouldn't it? 

26 mins ago, The Dude said:

Why wouldn't it? 

Because his own words in the limited Cross-examination during the House deposition proved Taylor knew less about the call than did WB1. 

Did you even read the excerpts from his testimony? Or did you “skim” the OP ? 

Meanwhile, Vindman is In the supersecret room where Schiff keeps all of his toys, allegedly reviewing his deposition from last week. He seems to be wanting to refresh his memory of what he said before given that he’s going in front of the cameras in open session next week.

As I asked nearby, if he told the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth, why does he have to review what he said given he should be able to recall that every single time he needs to? 

9 mins ago, tomkaz said:

Seems @The Dude has been left speechless. 

And no commentary, not even a detail attempt, from Dude’s toady Skippy. 

Seems Amb Taylor’s actual words have left them speechless. 

-

But did you read Amb. Taylor's opening statement, it's all right there, POTUS is guilty!! - :laugh:

7 mins ago, tomkaz said:

Seems @The Dude has been left speechless. 

And no commentary, not even a detail attempt, from Dude’s toady Skippy. 

Seems Amb Taylor’s actual words have left them speechless. 

You've been relegated to the kid's table. I don't read your posts if they're more than a couple lines.

1 min ago, The Dude said:

You've been relegated to the kid's table. I don't read your posts if they're more than a couple lines.

he's shown ZERO intellectual honesty or willingness to do anything beyond wallpaper the forum with pro Trump nonsense......

I think he's disgusted by what he's become,

so he lashes out out a lot.

when he feels really dirty, he calls me skippy.