DoorGunner

Just arrived.

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

Last two seasons my old HO trains were giving me problems. Always seem to stop running when they were behind the tree. Cleaned the tracks and the wheels but kept breaking down. Inexpensive set and got about eight years out of them so it was time. Just a circle setup around the tree but always makes Christmas a little more special. Monday night I decided to order a new set and they arrived today. Still have a lot of cars from the old set so tonight they go up. Can't put the tree up till I get the trains around behind the stand. Village houses, stores and trees are all ready to go and tonight it begins.

DSCF5793.JPG.5225ccbc760f4be6ab005b513b704ab4.JPG

That's great Fred.  About 20 years ago I gave my son the whole setup, trains, track, village, people, everything.  He had it 2 years before it got destroyed.  I almost cried.  I don't have enough room to put them up in this house so I'm done with trains.  

Very cool!  Got my son a set for Christmas when he was 5 and I can still remember his excitement! I may dig it out of the attic for the tree this Christmas.

I put a Lionel track around our Christmas tree every year; then I put it away for the next year.

My wife likes it and my daughter loves the train. This will be the first Christmas my son will really care, and he is going to be over the moon. He's also going to be Godzilla strolling through Tokyo about it, so I'm not sure how much longer the train will last.

I still set up the trains my dad left me.  they are lionel from the year he was born,1942. original transformer , tracks , trains and houses, trees, cars and such. his mom ought everything the year he was born.

Edited by coolhandfluke

30 mins ago, coolhandfluke said:

I still set up the trains my dad left me.  they are lionel from the year he was born,1942. original transformer , tracks , trains and houses, trees, cars and such. his mom ought everything the year he was born.

I love Lionel trains, and that is awesome.

My wife bought me a Lionel Hogwarts Express for our second Christmas married.

Edited by mwhitt80

32 mins ago, coolhandfluke said:

Nice way to honor your fathers memory dude.

these trains worth any coin? I have a whole chitload of is assume Lionel trains from the 70's tracks etc....

i know for a fact i have this one

Screen Shot 2019-11-06 at 4.15.31 PM.png

Edited by Sandflee

I got very inexpensive, well as inexpensive as possible, n gauge (and an ho-like thomas set) trains that I let my grandsons play with, gradually coaching them on how not to destroy trains. Been adding a couple of cars, repairing others. Small setup for when they come, but nothing I will cry over when it breaks. Eventually will graduate them to a better setup, so that they can appreciate it.