Fishy4335

Strong northwest wind after Southwind

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Fishing South Shore of Long Island on Friday and wind is supposed to turn over and come pretty strong from the northwest. In my experience it kicks up the waves and turns the water Brown. Anybody have any suggestions on maybe how to fish or where to fish during this type of blow? Experiences, thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated

I never fish anymore during a clearing NW blow during the first day regardless of the water conditions.  Always have found poor fishing .  My primary area is Raritan Bay NJ 

Posted (edited) · Report post

10 hours ago, Fishy4335 said:

Fishing South Shore of Long Island on Friday and wind is supposed to turn over and come pretty strong from the northwest. In my experience it kicks up the waves and turns the water Brown. Anybody have any suggestions on maybe how to fish or where to fish during this type of blow? Experiences, thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated

has nothing to do with waves..the hard NW wind blows all the dry sand in the water which is why the water gets brown on the south shore.., unless it is rainy and the sand is wet...I like strong shifts in wind when fish are already in place 

Edited by m12d78

What I've been noticing that has been showing consistency.

I'm seeing an old school technique called squidding. Hence

the squidder reel. It's a slow to moderate retrieve with a diamond

jig and worked like a bucktail. After every cast mind your line

lay on the spool. Distance matters. ;)