Wizumz

Natuical/Boat Photographers

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Anyone know of any renowned nautical/boat photographers?  I'm thinking, as a side gig, of setting up shop for boat/fishing pictures in my local waters but I'm looking for inspiration.  Idea came to mind since I would love some photos of me cruising around and fishing, and figured others would feel the same!  Sine I practice photography as a hobby, why not earn some cash and do something that would give me some extra time on the boat :)  Seems like a win-win to me!

Edited by Wizumz

While on another fishing website there was member who did that kind of photography. His big thing was photographing the Duke Of Fluke in south jersey. He would catch the boats breaking the inlet and then take pics of boaters and kayaks who stayed in the backwaters. He then posted proof labeled photo's on the fishing site and you could purchase them. I remember guys checking their pic's saying they were cool but I don't remember anyone buying them. A few years back with bill fish tournaments a photographer hired a helicopter to photograph the boats. Don't think it ever happened again. If your interested in contacting him let me know and I'll direct you to the site via pm.

1 hour ago, squidder 329 said:

While on another fishing website there was member who did that kind of photography. His big thing was photographing the Duke Of Fluke in south jersey. He would catch the boats breaking the inlet and then take pics of boaters and kayaks who stayed in the backwaters. He then posted proof labeled photo's on the fishing site and you could purchase them. I remember guys checking their pic's saying they were cool but I don't remember anyone buying them. A few years back with bill fish tournaments a photographer hired a helicopter to photograph the boats. Don't think it ever happened again. If your interested in contacting him let me know and I'll direct you to the site via pm.

Sure, I’d be interested to take a look!  That’s a tough sell, I feel that it depends a lot on pricing and what they’re offering. If you’re selling just the digital image, it doesn’t feel worth it, but if you package it with a frame and it’s ready to hang after delivery, might be more enticing.