fishinambition

NJ: Every Battleground District Goes Red

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

"...Political experts had predicted low voter turnout Tuesday, common for an off-year election without a governor’s race and with Assembly races atop the ballot.

But New Jersey’s new vote-by-mail law caused a surge in mail-in ballots. As of Tuesday, about 240,000 ballots had been sent by mail, almost 150% higher than in the 2015 election, according to state data.

Democrats hold a 54-26 supermajority in the General Assembly going into election night. As of late Tuesday night, Democrats won 34 seats in the lower chamber, while Republicans claimed 14, according to unofficial campaign results.

Experts do not expect Democrats to lose control of the assembly..."

Yep, GOP picked up a few gems, but not enough to affect the "supermajority".  Trend?

"Vote-by-mail"?  As I don't follow NJ politics, I have to look into this.   Similar to Absentee voting?

4 mins ago, KnewBee said:

"...Political experts had predicted low voter turnout Tuesday, common for an off-year election without a governor’s race and with Assembly races atop the ballot.

But New Jersey’s new vote-by-mail law caused a surge in mail-in ballots. As of Tuesday, about 240,000 ballots had been sent by mail, almost 150% higher than in the 2015 election, according to state data.

Democrats hold a 54-26 supermajority in the General Assembly going into election night. As of late Tuesday night, Democrats won 34 seats in the lower chamber, while Republicans claimed 14, according to unofficial campaign results.

Yep, GOP picked up a few gems, but not enough to affect the "supermajority".  Trend?

"Vote-by-mail"?  As I don't follow NJ politics, I have to look into this.   Similar to Absentee voting?

Probably for our illegals. 

10% turnout in my town and there was also the mayoral election lol. The dem candidate usually runs unopposed but this year we had an independent challenger who got less than 400 votes LOL

Edited by fishinambition

I am a member of a facebook group for the town I grew up in (Woodbridge Twsp) and someone posted the election results.  The township as a whole has to have over 100K people living there.  I'm not sure how many registered voters there are, but only like 10K-15K showed up to vote in the mayoral election.  Weird.

2 hours ago, KnewBee said:

-

-

The same trend continues from 2016 it's no secret, Trump's base is probably the same, maybe a bit more, Dem's that didn't vote for DJT in 2016 won't again in 2020; it'll come down to Independents and minority voting.  Drumpf's rallies continue to be packed with Americans from all walks of life, Drumpf hasn't even started campaigning, I wouldn't get too much wood just yet.

Nj sucks.  They finally got some things correct in the erection, but its 2020 that matters.  Dont expect them to change much.  This was just gas pains.  By next year we will have the majority of illegals voting with their new driver licences.

3 hours ago, Gotcow? said:

It's New Jersey.............

Nothing is going to change.

Seriously.  Democrats dont show up for these elections.  They dont care about board of ed elections or local politics.  Pointless post.

Edited by gobigblue

4 hours ago, fishinambition said:

Still only 51% voter turnout which is sad considering the legislature is at least as big a problem as comrade murphy the carpetbagger psycho ****face.

VA went the other way.  Dems took both State houses.