Angler #1

Blues In the Snow

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I had  On The Water print my latest article that was put together many years back and sat in the dust of many years, before my friends at ON the Water excepted it for publication, which I am grateful for . What I am truly grateful for is having the chance to receive an artist drawing used to depict the days event with the article that I had no pictures to send in with it. His name eludes me, but had it been not for Sandbars knowing him and telling him that he was able to depict the days event back in that time frame and that I was most thankful for his artistic abilities . It was at my request that I had asked the publisher to find and artist and draw my vision of what we saw that day my long time fishing partner Robert Small  and I had experienced The artist depiction was so telling and alive that  I called the editor to make sure that he thank the artist that drew the picture used on my article . I am still taken aback at how not only it matched the description of the days event , but managed to take me back to the actual day and recount other things not used in the article THis is a time when we often fished late for Blue Fish and follow the circuit all the way to Rhody and beyond and the start the smelt and cod fish winter fishing at Thanksgiving night . I hope you all enjoy reading this months On The Water Magazine The name of the artist is Daniel Driscoll . Perhaps Sandbars could post it here as I am unable to do it.

Edited by Angler #1

2 mins ago, Maine Guide said:

Angler, for those of us that don't subscribe, can you give us a little summary of what took place that day?

If Sandbars is unable to post it here I will endeavor to re account the story Thank you for the request, 

3 mins ago, Angler #1 said:

If Sandbars is unable to post it here I will endeavor to re account the story Thank you for the request, 

I would love to hear about it.  I'm sure many others would as well.

Really great artwork to accompany an awesome piece. I'll hopefully get a chance to read the full article when I get home.  It was a privilege help artist and fisherman Daniel Driscoll get his original piece of art to Carl. A great tribute for a longtime writer, contributor and ally to our world of fishing .

20191106_213118.jpg.b2fe0272251fd07c17127a82fe1e8c85.jpg

4 hours ago, Maine Guide said:

well, I was able to read the first page.

My friend I was hopining that they would post the rest of the article , I will endeavor to wait a little longer, before I attempt to do a short version here . Please be patient Peace Your request will be filled

49 mins ago, Angler #1 said:

My friend I was hopining that they would post the rest of the article , I will endeavor to wait a little longer, before I attempt to do a short version here . Please be patient Peace Your request will be filled

No hurry.  I always look forward to legendary anglers reminiscing about those epic days that they recall many years later.  It's what life is made up of.

Z man thank you for the posting of the remaining article . I went over to the ON The Water Office this morning and  picked up art work by

Daniel Driscoll , who left a nice note on his work to me. I find he lives in Rhody and fishes here on the Cape. I will get it framed and place it on the wall here in the house . I still am taken aback by his generous offer giving me the original artwork on my article Blues in the Snow . It sort of gives one the  inspiration that we still do have some nice people around that like to share the love of fishing with one another and in different ways . Peace 

2 hours ago, Maine Guide said:

No hurry.  I always look forward to legendary anglers reminiscing about those epic days that they recall many years later.  It's what life is made up of.

Thank you for the kind words , Yes life's memories hold a lot of secrets if we all only could unlock them and share them with each other what a time that would be

1 hour ago, Angler #1 said:

Thank you for the kind words , Yes life's memories hold a lot of secrets if we all only could unlock them and share them with each other what a time that would be

I just read the remainder of the article. Very nice. You were so fortunate to have fished such legendary water during the glory years.