Justinj

Cork tape peeling

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, bospa357 said:

DIY. Winn Grips. Easy Peasy.

I assume you mean the Winn grip tape, which does work, which (I think) is non-absorbent (i.e. it won't stink like eels), and which anyone with two opposable thumbs can apply. This is a good fix, if a bit pricey, for someone who wants to do it himself. 

For Winn grips themselves, like the ones pictured below, putting one one is a lot more work. And I'd be wary of using them: I've heard anecdotal reports that they don't hold up, that they don't last. This is too bad, because I really like the look and feel of these things. I have a couple of rods out there with Winn grips on them, and I will be keeping my eye on them to see if the grips degrade as fast as I heard they do.

Winn-Grip-Examples.jpg

33 mins ago, Belmo said:

I assume you mean the Winn grip tape, which does work, which (I think) is non-absorbent (i.e. it won't stink like eels), and which anyone with two opposable thumbs can apply. This is a good fix, if a bit pricey, for someone who wants to do it himself. 

For Winn grips themselves, like the ones pictured below, putting one one is a lot more work. And I'd be wary of using them: I've heard anecdotal reports that they don't hold up, that they don't last. This is too bad, because I really like the look and feel of these things. I have a couple of rods out there with Winn grips on them, and I will be keeping my eye on them to see if the grips degrade as fast as I heard they do.

Winn-Grip-Examples.jpg

Not just Smelling like Eels we do Catch fish too . Tiger 

1 hour ago, Belmo said:

Winn-Grip-Examples.jpg

I'll take Winn Grips for $100 Alex. :wave: