Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishinambition

Forced Induction Problems

Rate this topic

73 posts in this topic

So not long after we did the supercharger I noticed a loss in power under hard acceleration and then sudden gasps. No check engine light so I knew all the sensors were good and whatnot. Turns out the intake boot couldn't handle the boost. All hail mighty duct tape. Runnin 12s again.

20191105_132114.jpg

what a dirty motor.   whats the ride ?   twelve aint fast anymore .   I did better then that 35 years ago when it was fast. I put a k&n air filter and premium gas in my hemi truck and run close to 13s today  lol...….

I had a 455ho with twin 650 holleys and a big old tunnel ram sticking out the hood with added internal parts and 411 gears.   ran consistent 11.7 at the track but did mostly street racing 

Edited by coolhandfluke

1 min ago, bospa357 said:

K&N air filter adds like what, 115hp? :laugh:

close...……...:p

that was my point

Edited by coolhandfluke

31 mins ago, fishinambition said:

So not long after we did the supercharger I noticed a loss in power under hard acceleration and then sudden gasps. No check engine light so I knew all the sensors were good and whatnot. Turns out the intake boot couldn't handle the boost. All hail mighty duct tape. Runnin 12s again.

20191105_132114.jpg

you give white men a bad name. 

1 min ago, Terry Mac said:

you give white men a bad name. 

Autozone wants 40 bucks for a new one. Rock Auto 11 bucks. Im fine with tape till the new ones arrive in the mail.

Just now, bospa357 said:

I just love when anyone claims that a K&N filter added any appreciable horse power gains. :laugh:

It adds a little noise, that's about it. And makes the engine compartment a bit roomier.

Just now, bospa357 said:

I just love when anyone claims that a K&N filter added any appreciable horse power gains. :laugh:

Makes almost as much hp gain as splitfire plugs 

Just now, fishinambition said:

It adds a little noise, that's about it. And makes the engine compartment a bit roomier.

That's about it. Cold air intakes are another one. Almost all cars on the roads these days all have cold air intakes from the factory. And if they don't keep up with the maintenance on aftermarket filters, you're way better off with a paper filter. In most cases a paper filter is best anyways. The oiled type like a K&N only end up gumming up the MAF sensors and it starts running like dog ****.