jesgord

Lost Rod/Reel—Orient, NY

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Posted this previously in the LI/NY forum but posting here now as well to get a few more eyes on it:

Like a dumb-ass, it looks like I left my rod and reel behind at a back bay spot parking lot in Orient last Sunday night. Silver VSX 150 on a 9’ Lamiglas Infinity.  Not too optimistic I will ever see it again-but if anyone found-or knows someone who found it-I’m offering a reward for its return. 

UPDATE 10/4–

Buddy of mine just ran into two women this morning who “found” the rod/reel in the parking lot last Monday.  They moved it to a grassy area East of the lot. Sadly-it’s no longer where they put it.  

So-The world is still a good place. The guy who found my rod/reel called me today and returned It to me. He had found it and put it in the shed behind his house and not been back out East since then. He was back out this weekend and saw one of the signs I had posted around town and in the lot where it was left.  I had pretty much accepted I would never see it again....my faith in humanity remains strong!

You lucky dog, hope you hooked him up with lunch or a 12pk. Now you need to remind yourself how much equipment you bought and check it off before you leave. Very happy you got it back!

He would not take a reward-but I did manage to get his full-time mailing address. Gonna send him a nice thank you/holiday gift. Hopefully, I have learned my lesson...even when I’m in full on zombie mode after long overnight sessions.  

11 mins ago, jesgord said:

He would not take a reward-but I did manage to get his full-time mailing address.

Gonna send him a nice thank you/holiday gift.

Hopefully, I have learned my lesson...even when I’m in full on zombie mode after long overnight sessions.  

Way to go.

Happy Holiday for both of you

Edited by Popasilov

2 mins ago, Popasilov said:

Lunch?

12pk?

Com-on, we are talking about Lami with VSX

Figuring out exactly what-but it will be something nice. I’m very appreciative and my thank you will properly show my appreciation.