Impeachment-free Cable News Channel ?

Rate this topic

flyangler

If Fox News were to take a page from its sibling in the UK and launch a "IMPEACHMENT FREE" cable network, would you watch? Or any network, not just Fox - Impeachment free CNN or msnbc? 

Of course, without impeachment there could only be a limited number of hours of programming, but still, would you sample it? 

And no, this is not from the Onion nor Bee. 

Sky News launches Brexit-Free channel

October 16, 2019 11.33 Europe/London 

By Julian Clover

Sky New is to launch a pop up channel where talk of Brexit is banned.

Sky News Brexit-Free will go live at 5pm Wednesday and broadcast for five hours every weekday evening.

The broadcaster will continue to cover Brexit stories and the leading national and international stories on its main channel.

The launch follows a study released during the summer that a third of people avoid the news entirely with more than 70% of them blaming Brexit for their disinterest.

John Ryley, the head of Sky News, said: “Sky News Brexit-Free is a bold approach but listening to public opinion over the past weeks and months, it’s something we know our viewers will find valuable.

“Brexit is an historic story that has a major impact and we will continue to give it comprehensive coverage. The new channel simply gives people the option to take a break from Brexit, apply a filter to their headlines and hear about issues away from Westminster and Brussels with a focus on hard-hitting, original journalism.”

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

I would watch the same amount of TV I watch now.

None.

Material abundance without character is the path of destruction.
-Thomas Jefferson
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.
-Soren Kierkegaard

So with all the impeachment news going on, how does one call themselves a news channel and not cover it ????????

Tom, you need to stop following this stuff and stay with reality. Fishing can only take us so far. :howdy:

You’re not some crazy uncle you know!

I'm so glad I don't live in the fact-less bizarro world you live in...just sayin'.

Still only get my news from the Interwebs and try to watch a show or two on TV, Tucker, Levin and Hannity and I never make a full episode of anything.  So used to commercial free programming, regular TV is IMO, unwatchable these days.

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." 

41 mins ago, Stonesipher said:

So with all the impeachment news going on, how does one call themselves a news channel and not cover it ????????

Tom, you need to stop following this stuff and stay with reality. Fishing can only take us so far. :howdy:

Do you understand that this was not my idea? That I was marveling that the Brits could do this. And you seem to miss that this was a standalone channel launched specifically to ignore Brexit news. 

Are you sure you read the entire OP? :beatin:

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

1 hour ago, Steve_in_PA said:

I don't want censored news.  I want factual news without editorials.  Even the local Philly all news station slants the news.

This will all come out in the wash soon........

"You know the Bill of Rights is serving its purpose when it protects things you wish it didn't."

"You can no longer be oppressed if you are not afraid anymore - Unknown"

SOL Member #174

40 mins ago, tomkaz said:

Do you understand that this was not my idea? That I was marveling that the Brits could do this. And you seem to miss that this was a standalone channel launched specifically to ignore Brexit news. 

Are you sure you read the entire OP? :beatin:

Well maybe not ALL of it. :shock: :hippie:

You’re not some crazy uncle you know!

I'm so glad I don't live in the fact-less bizarro world you live in...just sayin'.