flyangler

Impeachment-free Cable News Channel ?

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

If Fox News were to take a page from its sibling in the UK and launch a "IMPEACHMENT FREE" cable network, would you watch? Or any network, not just Fox - Impeachment free CNN or msnbc? 

Of course, without impeachment there could only be a limited number of hours of programming, but still, would you sample it? 

And no, this is not from the Onion nor Bee. 

Sky News launches Brexit-Free channel

October 16, 2019 11.33 Europe/London 

By Julian Clover

Sky New is to launch a pop up channel where talk of Brexit is banned.

Sky News Brexit-Free will go live at 5pm Wednesday and broadcast for five hours every weekday evening.

The broadcaster will continue to cover Brexit stories and the leading national and international stories on its main channel.

The launch follows a study released during the summer that a third of people avoid the news entirely with more than 70% of them blaming Brexit for their disinterest.

John Ryley, the head of Sky News, said: “Sky News Brexit-Free is a bold approach but listening to public opinion over the past weeks and months, it’s something we know our viewers will find valuable.

“Brexit is an historic story that has a major impact and we will continue to give it comprehensive coverage. The new channel simply gives people the option to take a break from Brexit, apply a filter to their headlines and hear about issues away from Westminster and Brussels with a focus on hard-hitting, original journalism.”

The people of the UK are sick of watching the career politicians deny them what they voted for.

We on the other hand are used to our career politicians denying us what we voted for.

No I would not watch.

So with all the impeachment news going on, how does one call themselves a news channel and not cover it ????????

Tom, you need to stop following this stuff and stay with reality. Fishing can only take us so far. :howdy:

^^^ I think the OP means not 24/7 CNN type of coverage. Still plenty of news to report on other than Impeachment 2.0 ^^^^

I would definitely watch others and I do. 

Still only get my news from the Interwebs and try to watch a show or two on TV, Tucker, Levin and Hannity and I never make a full episode of anything.  So used to commercial free programming, regular TV is IMO, unwatchable these days.

41 mins ago, Stonesipher said:

So with all the impeachment news going on, how does one call themselves a news channel and not cover it ????????

Tom, you need to stop following this stuff and stay with reality. Fishing can only take us so far. :howdy:

Do you understand that this was not my idea? That I was marveling that the Brits could do this. And you seem to miss that this was a standalone channel launched specifically to ignore Brexit news. 

Are you sure you read the entire OP? :beatin:

wouldn't work people only watch MSNBC to hear the words impeach, collusion, obstruction, mueller etc...

Edited by Sandflee

Who would watch that here?

Impeachment is like a soap opera people hanging on the edge of their seats waiting to the next allegation.

Who going to watch news that starts with farmer Brown getting his tractor stuck in an Iowa corn field?

1 hour ago, Steve_in_PA said:

I don't want censored news.  I want factual news without editorials.  Even the local Philly all news station slants the news.

This will all come out in the wash soon........

40 mins ago, tomkaz said:

Do you understand that this was not my idea? That I was marveling that the Brits could do this. And you seem to miss that this was a standalone channel launched specifically to ignore Brexit news. 

Are you sure you read the entire OP? :beatin:

Well maybe not ALL of it. :shock: :hippie:

17 mins ago, fish'nmagician said:

snowflakes need a safespace.....

even safer than Fox......

You do understand snowflakes are liberals and safe place is a liberal concept?

I though liberals were against cultural appropriation?  Couldn't you be a little bit creative?