JerseyMike609

11ft" Rod Recomendations?

Rate this topic

36 posts in this topic

I've been looking to pick up a 11"ft "Plugging" Rod and I could use some help narrowing down my search.Im looking to spend up to $250 witch I know limits my choices but I'll probably need to get a reel also so that'll cut into my funds.Im casting up to 4oz and have been looking at the Trophy 2,Elite and Lami Carbon but I'll check out anything.

I just picked up the Airwave Elite and I absolutely love it.  Not too stiff and very sensitive.  Casts very well.  I didn’t like the Trophy 2 when I was handling it.  

1 hour ago, LockedDrag said:

Tsunami Airwave elite

1 hour ago, Jimo95 said:

I just picked up the Airwave Elite and I absolutely love it.  Not too stiff and very sensitive.  Casts very well.  I didn’t like the Trophy 2 when I was handling it.  

27 mins ago, ThrowinPlugs said:

At that price range, the elite is hard to beat. The 11m is really nice.

Yea I'm a big fan of Tsunami there Slimwave is one of my favriote rods,I wish they made a "Slimwave Surf".I've heard nothing good things about the Elite,Do you think the 11m would be to light to cast 4oz with force or would you get the 11h 2-6?Thanks!

23 mins ago, JerseyMike609 said:

Yea I'm a big fan of Tsunami there Slimwave is one of my favriote rods,I wish they made a "Slimwave Surf".I've heard nothing good things about the Elite,Do you think the 11m would be to light to cast 4oz with force or would you get the 11h 2-6?Thanks!

I have the 10’-6 rated 1-4 and the heaviest i casted was 2 oz.  I think mine would be pushing it to try to cast 4 oz with force.  I don’t know what the 11m is rated at but if it’s 1-4 also, I would go with the 2-6.

1 hour ago, Bunker_Bill13 said:

If you can spare 50 more bucks the ODM dna is a great rod

Yea I looked at that for $300 I just didnt mention it in my post because I knew everyone would choose it.But it's still an option I could wait for black Friday and get 20% off and its rated 1-5 which is a bonus.thanks

3 hours ago, JerseyMike609 said:

I've been looking to pick up a 11"ft "Plugging" Rod and I could use some help narrowing down my search.Im looking to spend up to $250 witch I know limits my choices but I'll probably need to get a reel also so that'll cut into my funds.Im casting up to 4oz and have been looking at the Trophy 2,Elite and Lami Carbon but I'll check out anything.

Air wave elite. I bought the 11' , up to 4.5 oz rod last year. It's a fantastic rod for the money. Cast a mile. I have not found a plug or lure  it cast bad.  The rod feels comfortable casting up to right under 4 oz.It's light. You will love it if you get it. I think I paid about $ 200.00 or less at Cabela's. Check them out. Other rods I like are Star rods.

Edited by hunter123

Just now, hunter123 said:

Air wave elite. I bought the 11' , up to 4.5 oz rod last year. It's a fantastic rod for the money. Cast a mile. I have not found a plug or lure it cast bad. It's light. You will love it if you get it. I think I paid $ 200.00 at Cabela's. Check them out. Other rods I like are Star rods.

You got the 11" Medium? If so it cast 4 no problem? I mostly throw 1-3 but I like to have something that can handle 4 and not have to baby it. 

5 mins ago, JerseyMike609 said:

You got the 11" Medium? If so it cast 4 no problem? I mostly throw 1-3 but I like to have something that can handle 4 and not have to baby it. 

No, I just checked. It's the 11' H 1 to 4.5 oz. It will handle a heavier plug than 3 oz. . It will do you fine if you like it. I'm telling you, I have St Croix rods, and I think the Tsunami and my Star rods out perform them , and at a cheaper price.