FishinDVM

Fall Run Ranking

Rate this topic

40 posts in this topic

I got really excited a few time this fall.

1. Snagged a rope or some line near a jetty. My holysh**** crashed rather quickly after the initial 2 second.  

2. Snag a 40" in the back, turn out to be a fiesty 24".

3. Three, snag a 26" in the tail. Man, That biggun can really run.

My biggest accomplishment is to taught a kid how to jig the bottom in current and catching fish within 30 minutes.   His dad is buying him a new rod this Christmas.

Anyone NOT voting 4 or 5 must not have been fishing 5-10 years ago when you would run full speed down to the beach in November blitzes and land 30” plus fish with 40” Plus mixed in all morning. We are witnessing the destruction of the Striped Bass fishery now and accepting 20” baby bass all season is sad. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 11/27/2019 at 11:52 AM, Stripsettter said:

Anyone NOT voting 4 or 5 must not have been fishing 5-10 years ago when you would run full speed down to the beach in November blitzes and land 30” plus fish with 40” Plus mixed in all morning. We are witnessing the destruction of the Striped Bass fishery now and accepting 20” baby bass all season is sad. 

20" bass season was 2017 

Edited by fishfinder

On 11/4/2019 at 9:14 AM, ThrowinPlugs said:

Sadly unlikely. The last few days in the same spot as soon as the birds start working, here come the boats right through the school trolling mojos and bunker spoons.

But to stay on topic, 3. Lots of fish, but smaller.

boat guys don't get it. we can sit right above it all and get hits again and again, lol!

A 3.  Released hundreds of schoolies from Montauk to Asbury.  Took about a half dozen fish between 28-30 from surf.  I remember in early to mid 2000's getting fish to 30lbs till my arms hurt.  Hope these little guys have a chance to grow up.

A trip full of <20" bass is considered successful to some dudes. At least in my lifetime, it's always been relatively easy to find a bunch of small fish. Yea, I'll get exited for some schoolies in the early spring when I'm just happy to be on the water again, but that excitement for rat bass doesn't last long.

What are you talking about?  It was the best snapper fishing, oops, I mean striper fishing in my life!

Totally agree with your post 

Largest body of fish covering a very large area and longest amount of time they were around.In the next couple of years there should be alot of 28 plus inch fish around sadly we will have to wait 15 plus years  or more for them to be cows fingers crossed.