FishinDVM

Fall Run Ranking

Rate this topic

40 posts in this topic

4.  Fished certain areas hard but its been real tuff that I can excited when my rod tip shakes bc waves pull it near the lip.  Hahaha.  I would be happy with any size striper for sure.  

Posted (edited) · Report post

4- for bass, you can only catch so many schoolies. Only had a few keepers mixed in this year from the surf. Yes, there are still some big fish around for those willing to troll a mojo for hours, but that's ****ing boring. 

5- For bluefish. I probably caught ten total this year, and no gators. 

I missed most of the albie/bonito/Spanish Mack bite, but I heard it was excellent. So I guess that's something for the month they're here.

Sad year for me thus far, too busy to get out much and wasn't rewarded when I got to. Probably will have a few more weeks of ~20" bass before calling it quits.

Edited by C.Robin

5.  worst year for bass since the moratorium.  
before the moratorium - when i was a kid, bass where the ghosts.

i get around - Cape Cod, southern new england, thru NY/Long Island and down thru NJ - this year was the worst.  bigger fish were much harder to find.  noticeably less schoolies.

schoolies were always around - and in much bigger numbers.  you could ALWAYS find schoolies if there was nothing better to do... but we were busy on bigger fish.  not anymore.

take this am ... there had to be the most S shore (of LI) open beach surf casters i ever saw.  there was plenty of catching, but did anyone see anyone get anything over 24” (?).  

most of my regular bigger bass spots yielded “a season of schoolies“.

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 for quantity

6 for quality wasn't lucky enough to catch a monster from shore this year and keepers far and few between.

Edited by fishfinder

As far as numbers and size goes- lame. The fishery people should and all the so called experts should feel ashamed at what they’ve done and the new regulations won’t help at all. Too bad for us and the next generation. Fools. 

Longest duration and largest body of fish from Rm to Silver point from beginning of October till now late November in over ten years at least and people are saying its an average 3 or 4 out of 5 fall run how high is the pedestal you guys are standing on? lol way to hilarious."Yes"most fish were 22 to 26 inches and keepers far and few between but really guys???. Ok the size wasn't really here except for the boats catching cows dragging spoons or Mojos behind them but again really guys ???  I'd give it all up in a second for one 50 lber all fall run and no other fish on a lure or chunking from shore But again Really guysss????? Gotta love the internet.

11 hours ago, fishfinder said:

Longest duration and largest body of fish from Rm to Silver point from beginning of October till now late November in over ten years at least and people are saying its an average 3 or 4 out of 5 fall run how high is the pedestal you guys are standing on? lol way to hilarious."Yes"most fish were 22 to 26 inches and keepers far and few between but really guys???. Ok the size wasn't really here except for the boats catching cows dragging spoons or Mojos behind them but again really guys ???  I'd give it all up in a second for one 50 lber all fall run and no other fish on a lure or chunking from shore But again Really guysss????? Gotta love the internet.

Without the sandeels around, we are fk, royally. Again, It's feast and famine with alot of empty water in between. I don't run a tight drag, but I love to have my drag running for a bit once in a while.  Anyone ran into an good old fashion blitz this fall?  Where the waters run red with blues chewing up on bunkers?  Yes I am a bit of a snob. I am not in this sport for long, but I already miss the good old days. lol  

You ever notice because of the sandeel bites, suddently youtube heros started popping out like crazy?  

1 hour ago, hobobob said:

Without the sandeels around, we are fk, royally. Again, It's feast and famine with alot of empty water in between. I don't run a tight drag, but I love to have my drag running for a bit once in a while.  Anyone ran into an good old fashion blitz this fall?  Where the waters run red with blues chewing up on bunkers?  Yes I am a bit of a snob. I am not in this sport for long, but I already miss the good old days. lol  

You ever notice because of the sandeel bites, suddently youtube heros started popping out like crazy?  

Ole’ fashioned gear busting massacre. Could lower a whole cow in like jurassic park and it would be ground up like chop meat. 

Make bluefish great again.