bigfish4me

The clocks rolling back isn’t all bad

Rate this topic

62 posts in this topic

5 mins ago, AlwaysWading said:

I'm glad someone's picking -up the slack for Red.

I’m a team player.... if yer gonna drink all day you have to start early in the morning.

Flashback to the 80's, working construction hanging drywall for a crew in South Boston.  We'd stop into a breakfast joint for coffee's and bacon n' egg sandwich's to start the work day off.   

3rd shifters would just start to getting their drink on in the place, it was their watering hole.

Conversely the guys laying tape on the drywall would be getting their Maryanne on, said it got them in the flow to roll.   I hated getting stoned before work, made the day drag on.   Those guys were nuts!    

Edited by flylikabird

12 mins ago, Whiskyb said:

I'm jealous

I’m lucky.... my wife doesn’t even blink an eye at me having a beer that early, I get up at 3 am 6 days a week to provide for our family.... come Sunday I’m awake at 3.... which was 2 am today weather I like it or not .

Sunday’s are my day to do whatever the hell I want. ... sure I cracked a beer at 7, but I also had the back yard raked again by 9...3 beer job by the way .  I’m chilling out back letting my boys run around and blow off some steam while grilling up some burgers and dogs for lunch for everyone.... life is good and it’s been a great day.

How does the old saying go..if you drink a beer at 7:00 in the morning at the boat dock they call you a sportsman but if you drink a beer at 7:00 in the morning at home they call you a drunk.:laugh:

27 mins ago, F150Fish said:

How does the old saying go..if you drink a beer at 7:00 in the morning at the boat dock they call you a sportsman but if you drink a beer at 7:00 in the morning at home they call you a drunk.:laugh:

I believe the opposite, I hate fishing with guys drinking. And nobody enjoys drinking as much as I do.

Threw a live spot off the dock this morning and picked up a nice mercury free striper and now I'm at the dock watching a football game chugging a hot one. Don't drink so it's a cup of tea. Still a great day. 

I’m just glad that I’m still waking up, period. I  Lost a few friends this year and I think the oldest one was only 62. Yeah, clock changes are really no biggie. 

8 hours ago, bigfish4me said:

It wasn’t dark out when I cracked my first beer at 7 am this morning 

:beers:

Good work. The key whether fall or spring is to maintain your normal schedule and don't worry about the clock. :th: