coastalfreak

Prayers Please

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

Granddads in the hospital right now and things have started to spiral out of control. Got diagnosed with dementia and he’s about halfway through that journey. One of the main causes is hypoglycemia. Unfortunately, his blood sugar has fallen so low that his thinking his cloudy now. He was giving himself insulin when he didn’t need to, and it’s just a mess. He’s been ripping out insulin machines, throwing away monitors, and he’s just confused. Hopefully things are going to get better. 

Hopefully won't take them long to get the meds straightened out. Remember the good times and the bad times aren't as rough. Good vibes on this one.

10 hours ago, MikeMc said:

Oh man, sorry. Stories like this make me not want to get too old. Here's hoping for the best. 

We are closer to that age than I like.

Prayers sent Coastal!

3 mins ago, JMB said:

We are closer to that age than I like.

Prayers sent Coastal!

Yep, we are. That's why I said what I did. It crosses one's mind on occasion. :scared: 

10 hours ago, coastalfreak said:

Granddads in the hospital right now and things have started to spiral out of control. Got diagnosed with dementia and he’s about halfway through that journey. One of the main causes is hypoglycemia. Unfortunately, his blood sugar has fallen so low that his thinking his cloudy now. He was giving himself insulin when he didn’t need to, and it’s just a mess. He’s been ripping out insulin machines, throwing away monitors, and he’s just confused. Hopefully things are going to get better. 

Is your grandfather on an insulin pump, it sounds like it with you saying ripping out insulin machines. If he is the doctor in the hospital may not know anything about insulin pumps. I'm on a pump, been in the hospital twice over the last 5 years and found this out the hard way.

Edited by Bass Ackwards