drc

Another car deal suck thread

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Trying to help my daughter buy her first car. We drive an hour to look at a rav4 in excellent condition but find the front bumper falling off. Drive another 30 minutes for another rav4 in excellent condition, except the hatchback is caved in, to the surprise of all. Both Toyota dealerships. Why must they all suck.

Makes you wonder sometimes. Picked up a used 2016 Rogue last March. Love this one but when I first began looking I was amazed. first dealership I hit knew I was coming up on a Monday to check it out. They knew since Thursday that I was coming. Arrive to find the car sitting right in the front parking slot all alone for me to see. Had soap writing on the windshield that said "detail" It wasn't. The car was dirty inside with muddy footprints all over the back of the drivers seat. Sand all over the floors along with some dead leaves and when we popped the hood the engine was even filthier. Sales guy wasn't the least bit embarrassed. 

The dealer I finally purchased from had three that looked brand new sitting out front for me to test drive. All were spotless and the salesman did a great job explaining everything like it was his car. Gotta search around till you find the right fit. Enjoy the Rogue enough that I still look for reasons to drive it.  

My good friend has always driven BMW’s but was seriously considering a Mercedes AMG (can’t recall the model) a couple years ago. There is one in the showroom, so scheduled a time the next day so they could get it out of the building. 
Goes back next day and car still in showroom and guy tells him they didn’t want to deal with getting it out. 
So he drives off in his M5 and traded up for an M7 at the BMW dealership. 
Oh, he’s black. Owns his own company and wears Burberry suits daily. 
Dealerships are morons. 

11 hours ago, Dave588 said:

If i was looking for a toyota, i would probably try biggest dealerships like boch or quirk

It was 2 boch dealerships that we went to...

Toyota of Nashua has earned my trust, Give them a yell. Their service department is excellent, unlike the two dealers within 20 miles of me.

Provide your contact info here and we'll email you a special e price! No, not really, that's a lie, but we'll now bury you with emails, would tomorrow work for a test drive...

Third generation Rav4?

The one with the tire on the back?

Good luck, it took me six months to find mine.

I found car gurus dot you know what to be a good resource.

I tried to find my daughter one after a wreck, had to settle for a CRV.

23 mins ago, Stewie said:

Toyota of Nashua has earned my trust, Give them a yell. Their service department is excellent, unlike the two dealers within 20 miles of me.

Nashua NH? I'm in RI, that would be a haul.