flylikabird

Boston Celtic's Season 2019-2020

Rate this topic

117 posts in this topic

Well the 4-1 start is only getting better and better with each game.  The only loss was the opener in Philly.  

Kemba Walker is 38-41 for Free Throws.

Both Jayson Tatum and Gordon Hayward are averaging 7.6 rebounds in those five games.   

Here's the starters lines so far...

Kemba: 26.2ppg 5.2rpg 3.8apg
Tatum: 22ppg 7.6rpg 2.2apg
Jaylen: 17.3ppg 6.7rpg 2apg
Hayward: 16.6ppg 7.6rpg 3.6apg   

It is quite clear how much more fun this team is to watch and root for without the one who will not be said.

Edited by flylikabird

Even Paul Pierce concurs with me in a piece done recently in the Boston Herald he said it's clearly evident that there's been a weight lifted from the team this year.   Here's a here's a quick excerpt from that article.

Paul Pierce was chatting on the sideline at TD Garden this week when he was bear-hugged from behind.

“Aaaaah,” said the Celtic legend in mock pain. “Who is this, Danny? This feels like Danny.”

Because I’m so strong,” said Ainge.

There was much laughter between the two before the Celts went out and scored a comeback win over Milwaukee. And there seems to be a lot of that around the club these days.

Pierce gave a nod to the new atmosphere in the absence of Kyrie Irving.

“I mean, everybody knows that,” he said. “I’m not even in the building yet, and I’m hearing every day that everybody feels like a weight’s been lifted off of them.

“Just walking around, you can tell. Or just seeing it on the court. It’s different.”

Another different thing Pierce is seeing on the court is a better approach from Jayson Tatum. Pierce told the Herald last season that Tatum needed to get to the hoop — and, thus, the free throw line — more to increase his production. Through four games, Tatum’s scoring average and free throw attempts has both increased from last year.

Pierce even offered to come in and tutor Tatum, who said he read the story and would welcome the assistance. Coach Brad Stevens also said he’d gladly accept such help from No. 34 in the rafters.

Pierce has yet to school the third-year Celt, but he believes his points have gotten across.

“I think he heard me,” said Pierce. “I mean, he knows what he has to do, man. He’s smart. He knows what he has to do to take the next step. He’s got to get to the basket more and get to the free throw line more, and I think he’ll have more opportunity this year.”

Edited by flylikabird

More news all things Green .....

The dreaded sharp shooting rookie who hasn't been that sharp since preseaon Carson Edwards loped off his dreads in hopes of getting back his mojo.

I hope it works out for him.   He was on fire prior to the start of the season opener. 

Speaking of 34.....Kemba Walker has done something no other Celtic has done since 2002.   

He became the first Celtics player since Paul Pierce in 2002 to produce 30-plus points, six-plus rebounds, and four-plus assists in three consecutive games. Kyrie Irving nearly reached the same milestone this past March, but he was one rebound shy of accomplishing the feat.

39 points for Hayward tonight. He seems so much more at ease without Kyrie on the squad. His assists were fantastic too. 

Edited by Phil K

It was very cool to see the newly shorn rookie get off the snide by scoring 15 pts in the building he torched preseason against the Cavs.   

Hayward gets the Tommy Award.  :clap:

Rookie Carsen Edwards off the bench was fun to watch.

Edited by flylikabird

That sucks. The guy was really starting to play great ball this season. Hopefully it's only a 5-6 week healing process. Left hand and Hayward's a righty, so there's that.

I like Robert Williams and Javante Green. They are athletic as hell which is a requirement in today's NBA. Rolling in SA. Buh bye kyrie. Enjoy getting 40-50 while losing.

19 mins ago, drc said:

I like Robert Williams and Javante Green. They are athletic as hell which is a requirement in today's NBA. Rolling in SA. Buh bye kyrie. Enjoy getting 40-50 while losing.

Timelord looks much improved this year, last season he played decent defense but his conditioning and offensive were lacking. Now he seems to be getting up to NBA speed and is playing with more confidence. The Kanter injury is benefiting Williams by giving him more court time.