How Long’s a Frozen Turkey Last?

Rate this topic

Mummichog

I do that with corned beef when they go on sale in March.

Buy a bunch and freeze them, and then laugh EVERY time I go to the market and see that people are now paying 2X that amount for the rest of the year!

When I tell people what I do most are like "Really, you can do that?" like you aren't supposed to freeze meat....

The rest give a look like they couldn't be bothered with saving money of food...

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!

On 11/2/2019 at 4:01 PM, valentine said:

I remember reading a story about some guy seeing his sled dogs eating something in the snow. It turns out the dogs had found a frozen wooly mammoth. It was still edible. I’m pretty sure your turkey is good. 

OK what sort of incredible event needed to happen to have something the size of a mammoth freeze quick enough to preserve it without decay.  And this seems to have happened in multiple places around the polar regions.    Some of these things have been reported to still have plant material in their guts for the science types to study.

Not like you can dip one in liquid nitrogen.  Global cooling must have been very strong and very quick.  

17 hours ago, Skeeterbait said:

OK what sort of incredible event needed to happen to have something the size of a mammoth freeze quick enough to preserve it without decay.  And this seems to have happened in multiple places around the polar regions.    Some of these things have been reported to still have plant material in their guts for the science types to study.

Not like you can dip one in liquid nitrogen.  Global cooling must have been very strong and very quick.  

Shifting of the poles.

On 11/4/2019 at 9:36 AM, AlwaysWading said:

There was a woman from the butterball hotline on TV ,some guy called in and said his Father had a turkey in the freezer since the 70's and wanted to know if it was still good. lol

So? We need to know what she answered.

Peace

Frank II --- If anyone needs me, I'll be in my MAN CAVE, rotating the laundry. - C.C.A. - American Littoral Society Tagger w/ 61 returns - Vietnam Veteran U. S. Army,  Grand Pa of 6

On 11/2/2019 at 0:54 PM, RedJeep said:

The poultry people say six months, Mrs Jeep the home ech teacher says a year.

Peace

Agreed, it’s best eaten within six months, after that the tissue starts breaking down and the texture changes. 

It wont kill ya or make you sick, it just will taste/feel funny in your mouth. I know some of you guys don’t care about what you put in your mouth. 

America, the country so great that even its haters refuse to leave. 

On 11/4/2019 at 9:36 AM, AlwaysWading said:

There was a woman from the butterball hotline on TV ,some guy called in and said his Father had a turkey in the freezer since the 70's and wanted to know if it was still good. lol

I want to know what freezer this guy has. 

America, the country so great that even its haters refuse to leave.