dannyplug1

maple beachmaster spin and jr atoms

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Just purchases a  beach master maple spin and a junior atom swimmer.  I can feel that they are heavier.  what is the purpose of making the swimmer in maple?  I am sure that they will throw further and swim deeper.  What situations would you use them for.  Be interested in anuy experiences with the maple beach masters.  thanks Charlie. 

Bridge outflows, Jetty pockets an tips or deeper water off rocky shorelines.  I like them as representations of small robust baitfish such as various rock dwelling fish or mullet.  

End of inlets and breach ways, is where I mainly fish them. Also any deep spot with current. Maple is way more neutrally buoyant than pine or cedar. A well built maple plug will suspend once it is cranked down that's what makes them a good plug for a deeper spot with current. I use maple spins primarily at nite in the earlier spring when the fish are on smaller bait.  Maple atom jrs. are rare. The one that you bought was the first one I ever saw that someone was willing to part with.