jesgord

Lost Rod/Reel—Orient

Rate this topic

30 posts in this topic

Like a dumb-ass, it looks like I left my rod and reel behind at a back bay spot parking lot in Orient last Sunday night. Silver VSX 150 on a 9’ Lamiglas Infinity.  Not too optimistic I will ever see it again-but if anyone found-or knows someone who found it-I’m offering a reward for its return. Not a great way to start the weekend.  Thanks

1 hour ago, ThrowinPlugs said:

Woof... that sucks my dude. Will keep an eye/ear out on the BST, Ebay, craigslist etc for ya. 

Thanks!  

Buddy of mine just ran into two women who “found” the rod/reel in the parking lot last week.  They moved it to a grassy area East of the lot. Sadly-it’s no longer where they put it.  

On 11/5/2019 at 0:38 PM, Justinj said:

Good luck hope you find it. Always wondered how people forget their rods? It’s the first thing that goes in my car after fishing 

I had pretty much been fishing for 72 hours straight with only a little sleep.  I was like a zombie.  I remember leaning the rod against my car and saying to myself that I can't forget to put it in the car.......then I ran back down to the water to rinse the sand off my boots...the rest is history.

1 min ago, rreelman said:

Hope you get it back-regarding the boots-I carry a few gallons of water to rinse sand off my waders-rreelman

I hear you. I usually take my truck fishing. That weekend, I had left it and a friend’s house and was using the family SUV. If I had been using the truck the rod would have been put directly into the bed when I was done. I was trying to keep the SUV clean so my wife wouldn’t get upset.  That’s why I went back to rinse of the boots. You live and you learn, I guess.  

Yikers.... $700 plus reel... I would have that thing sitting beside me in the passenger seat on the ride home with the seat belt on

I toss all my stuff in a walmart bin in the trunk and worry about rinsing when I get home.

I realize none of that helps you.

Comes down to people and good karma - if a true angler grabbed it, they will know the worth and hopefully do the right thing.

Edited by baldadonis2002