dannyplug1

how To clean a storm r jacket?

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Simple question how do you was a storm r surf top?  Can you wash it like like a wet suit?    Hand wash cold water in machine wet suit cleaner and hang dry?  Thanks Charlie. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

HI, That's what I do with mine. Hand wash, very mild soap, I don't put it in a machine. But I'm getting the wet suit cleaner.

Edited by hunter123

There was another thread about this recently. I never do anything other that handwash. That goes for wetsuits, tops, or waders. I really only ever rinse down with fresh water unless, there slimed up or dirty. Other guys do it differently but, I try my hardest not to compromise the waterproofing at all. 

I’ve put mine in a front loader, gentle, and ‘free’ type detergent - no issues. 

fwiw, I don’t wash it often. No more than twice a season and mainly just at the end of the season. 

On 11/2/2019 at 8:11 AM, Captain Ahab said:

I use bunker slime. Cleans anything and smells purty

I searched for bunker slime and didn't find anything. Mind sending a link?

3 hours ago, Captain Ahab said:

oughta Cut your line

whoops... Figured you were talking about some sort of actual cleaning product. I have some soap that came in a monthly subscription box called fish hands, so figured bunker slime was just an actual cleaning product with a clever name..

12 mins ago, nycstripers16 said:

whoops... Figured you were talking about some sort of actual cleaning product. I have some soap that came in a monthly subscription box called fish hands, so figured bunker slime was just an actual cleaning product with a clever name..

No worries.

But mine is covered with bunker slime shad slime and occasionally striper slime

Note. Striper is with one "p"

Its not an Armani suit...  I fill my cooler with some water from the hose, some dish soap, dunk it a few times, and hang it.... and thats when I actually wash it. Usually just hose it off.