luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - November 2019

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, dixiekraut said:

Was unaware they're doing work...heading to the eastern shore tonight...guess I'll run into back ups ?

They are redecking the west bound span one lane at a time. With only two westbound lanes operational they don’t open an extra eastbound lane during rush hour. I have had some nights where it is no big deal and some where it is a nightmare. The project is supposed to take 2 years. 

21 hours ago, dave sharkman said:

Out this morning and caught 3 slot sized puppy drum and one 16" tog. I'd post complete fish pics but it would spot burn.

20191107_114109.jpg

IMG_20191107_114416_041.jpg

20191107_110820.jpg

Pretty work Dave! 

Saturday at A.I.-Va....wind laid down nicely Friday night....beautiful sunny weather, slight wind out of the NW, wind dropped out entirely later in the day. Surf looked great, holding with 4s ,5s and 6s. Brother caught a shorty striper in the morning, I got a dogfish at sundown....other than that....nothing, nada. Saw a cormerant diving in the slough right in front of us, baitfish exploded out of the water...so there was some fish out there....no predators on them. Go figure. Got some needed exercise and fresh air but other than that the fishing wasn't all that despite the gorgeous water and weather. P.S. Bait situation terrible...scraped the bottom of the barrel for mullet, bunker, spot....all washed out from the melted cooler ice.

Fished inlet 11/9. Skunked on Tog, guy passes me and showed 2 nice Specks he caught. I changed equipment and caught a few Specks but no keepers.  Thanks to the guy that had the two keepers. :howdy:Great day.

Edited by hunter123

Kayak fished in southern DE today (11/11) from 9am-3pm. Took a break from targeting tog to try for stripers, with the hope that I might find some reds or specks too. Now, I'm no striper fisherman, if I do manage to catch them it's usually by accident. When I try to target them I usually end up throwing the whole bag with nothing to show for it, so this time I wanted to pick one lure and stick with it until I was catching fish. I used the same 1/2 kalins jighead and 4" zman diezal minnow all day, it caught fish trolled, casted ,and jigged and looked good as new at the end of the day. I was fishing a new area so I wasn't expecting much, but I thought I'd at least have a nice paddle and enjoy what might be the last warm day of fall. The morning started off promising when I picked up a rat striper on the troll near the mouth of a creek. I trolled around the same creek mouth a couple more times and caught 2 more 12-16" stripers. Since the area was producing I anchored up and started casting around and caught a few more fish in the 20-24" range. I pulled anchor and tried trolling further up the creek against the outgoing tide without any luck, so I turned around and relocated. I found a steep drop off and was able to jig up multiple nice stripers including a 29" and 31", both released. Called it a day after that, having caught 15 stripers 2 of which were keepers. Overall an amazing day to remember. 

Back at work after weekend fishing. Leaving the office last night I saw that full moon and felt the slight fall breeze...thought how nice it would be to be standing on the beach ...fish or no fish. Cold front rolling in tonight...highs tomorrow only in the upper 30s. I saw where the plug casters in the Jersey forum posted reports about a striper blitz of 20"-30" fish...guess one of those pods of peanut bunker they've been watching offshore finally drifted within casting range...supposedly "hundreds" landed. One guy said it reminded him of the "good ol' days". Maybe after that hot dry month of Sept we will still have a little season left...if those fish up there are not year round residents and don't vamoose down to the bay bridge tunnel...like they appear to have been doing the last few years. 

Edited by dixiekraut

On 11/10/2019 at 5:37 AM, Captain Ahab said:

De surf saturday 11-9

Nice size speckled trout.

Lots of short striper.

heard the speck bite was on fire over the weekend.

7 hours ago, kurazy kracka said:

heard the speck bite was on fire over the weekend.

I tried a few hours last of the in coming today around Lewes water temp dropped 8 degrees and no bites for me.

I