ASrod

November 2019

Rate this topic

40 posts in this topic

41 mins ago, mathman said:

Nice.  I fished a point on a western shore tributary and got on a decent topwater bite Friday morning.

Anywhere near where I was fishing? General location of where I was is St. Mary’s County.

I didn’t expect the fishing to be as good as it was. The 27” was my biggest fish since getting back to the states which was great. Crazy ass story behind how I landed it too.

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, mathman said:

Nope, it was Anne Arundel.  I was also surprised to find a post-cold front bite.  27 is solid!

Ahh alright. But yeah 27 is a nice fish for this area. I had a bigger one get off earlier on so I didn’t actually think it was anything more than a fat 24” until our little rescue mission to get it. Haha.

Edited by ASrod

Another great afternoon. Got my best fish in years today. Took me 3 measurements to believe it too. 29.5” on a Super Strike popper. That was the highlight along with a couple dozen between 20-25”.

DA315828-F420-417F-87FE-B52E853801ED.jpeg

20 hours ago, ASrod said:

Another great afternoon. Got my best fish in years today. Took me 3 measurements to believe it too. 29.5” on a Super Strike popper. That was the highlight along with a couple dozen between 20-25”.

DA315828-F420-417F-87FE-B52E853801ED.jpeg

Nice Bay striper! Good to see shore fishermen scoring on the Bay.

2 mins ago, dixiekraut said:

Nice Bay striper! Good to see shore fishermen scoring on the Bay.

I’m lucky enough to have a good setup for casting distance compared to all the other guys with 6’6 and 7’ rods. They all seem to be way out there.

Fished a few hours. Slow picking of fish from 20-26 inches. I had like 7 fish in total, my dad had three and the guy next to us had a few as well. Definitely nothing like yesterday and Friday.

1 hour ago, SMY said:

Nice looking fish. That's my favorite fishing spot. BTW, I put that piece of board there to prevent serious accident. 

Nice to see that there are other people who fish the same places I do on this site. It's been some great fishing all around St. Mary's and Calvert lately.

17 hours ago, ASrod said:

Nice to see that there are other people who fish the same places I do on this site. It's been some great fishing all around St. Mary's and Calvert lately.

I would love to get back there but not enough time.

Anyway, fished a little north yesterday and birds were feasting on rainfish. Only managed a dozen or so rats.

I went a bit north last night too, couldn't manage to catch a striper. I switched over to grass shrimp and brought home some perch for the table.

Fished the mouth of south river, couldn't catch anything. Other guys plugging too the only guys that actually caught fish were chunking