_Doug_

November 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

1,159 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

Go South young man.........Go South.

I listen to Mr. Bigdeal and had my best day yet.  I stayed south because I live south.  Caught 8 in an hour between 3:00-4:00 and lost 3.  Hit both the diamond jig and the teaser.  There was someone near me but I was catching more because I was casting further.  They seemed to be hitting it farther out rather than closer in.  Biggest was 25-26” and smallest was probably 12”.  I actually had a lot more fun than usual.  

8BB8083E-7BF1-4CDB-83B2-C054B6C01FB6.jpeg

Fished very very very far north this morning, and it was a sporadic pick on the teaser, landed about 3 before bite died down....ventured south to my favorite place, and as the tide was dropping waded out to a bar and fish were just on the other side of the outer bar, yellow teaser worked great and we had our fill...a great day to be fishing, even got my first keeper size bass, which swam free...

Fished a Cape May County beach from 2 to 4 P, south wind medium surf with salted clam. Not a touch even the calico crabs didn't bother the bait. What was interesting  a guy walks up carrying a board (hmmm) as he got closer saw he was a fish and game surveyor. Nice fellow asked permission to ask questions, how many times did I fish in the past year?, how many times in the last two months, what was my target fish. Also age and zip and phone number all voluntary. After me he interviewed two more fishermen down the beach from me. He saved me a walk as there was a balloon that washed up in the surf and I was going to get it at the next bait change. As he walked back down the beach he popped it and carried it away.  

Home for the holiday, fished 3-5pm... 5 smaller schooliee 20-24”... they were hitting on the very end of my cast, most hook ups happened on the fall of my jig/teaser as it hit the water. 

Not a lot happening for me this evening.  Still great looking water even with a lite SE wind.  Did get two and had a couple of other bumps.  No doubt there are still fish around.  Also starting to see a few herring jumping in the wash line.  Might try a different spot come morning.

Had time to get out this evening for about an hour at dusk. SoMoCo, SE wind, end of incoming tide, decent amount of suds. One section of beach was pretty crowded. Started south of the crowd and had a fish on the 1st cast. It was almost the first cast curse but was saved by another fish toward the end of the outing. First fish took the Ava and the second fish took the teaser. Back at it in the AM. 

14C89965-ECFE-4ED6-BCFE-BB7A22F45C6B.jpeg

BB9AC7DE-26EA-4D24-8E76-3C3263BA2BBB.jpeg

4 hours ago, Heavy Seas said:

Took the week off, fished yesterday and today and had fish both mornings.  All shorts but I did have one at the very end of my cast yesterday that looked right around 28".

Maybe this is part of getting older and I'm not really one to complain but I was a bit taken aback the last two days to see how people were handling short bass.  Either flipping them right on to dry sand, or where there is only 2" of water, and letting the waves wash up and then sweep them back in.  You have a fishery that is dwindling (I've been spending a lot more time freshwater fishing the last 2 years especially) and these fish are the future.  I don't know how people can't take a few extra steps closer to ensure they are releasing the fish safely into actual water.  OK, I'll step off the soap box now.

Was in a blitz 2 weeks ago and picked up 4 shorts just laying on the beach in wash line left to die, some guys are just a joke. 

Afternoons on the surf are the best for the last two weeks. Not always one comes to hand but just hooking up and the fights are totally a blast. Landed three out five fish on a 8" sandeel Bob Pop Jiggy Flye I think that the smaller fish couldn't grab the hook

FB_IMG_1574816820494.jpg

Edited by saltyh2ofly
Spelling

past Two nights, cmoco, 6-9 nothing. Tried Ava, jig egg with slug go, jig head with curly tail gulp, mag, cordell bomber, buck tail, kastmaster., storm shad..nada. Slow retrieve, quick retrieve, mixed it up, jigged it. Not sure what I’m doing wrong...my back is lpkilling me that’s for sure. Will try again tomorrow night

Nomoco 1 to 4 pm a bit of a bunker blitz but no bass on em. Skunk. Seems like the fish were south of me... Glad to see some SOLers had a better day than me. 

Did catch a great sunset.

97CB4E5F-4EA3-4234-8D17-AFD0E9842886.jpeg

3 mins ago, ChileIrish said:

past Two nights, cmoco, 6-9 nothing. Tried Ava, jig egg with slug go, jig head with curly tail gulp, mag, cordell bomber, buck tail, kastmaster., storm shad..nada. Slow retrieve, quick retrieve, mixed it up, jigged it. Not sure what I’m doing wrong...my back is lpkilling me that’s for sure. Will try again tomorrow night

Move around, get back in the car and drive to different spots. Just leave the ava on you'll catch. 

14 mins ago, SnoozeFishing said:

Move around, get back in the car and drive to different spots. Just leave the ava on you'll catch. 

I doubt the ava should be the only choice consodering he's fishing 6-9 at night. :headscratch: As a nighttime option he should at least have a teaser or some rubber ahead of it, but still probably not the best choice in the dark.

Just now, SIC34 said:

I doubt the ava should be the only choice consodering he's fishing 6-9 at night. :headscratch: As a nighttime option he should at least have a teaser or some rubber ahead of it, but still probably not the best choice in the dark.

Yeah I just noticed it was night time, oops. Don't throw an ava at night lol. If youre desperate for a fish a tsunami sand eel will very rarely be ignored if there are fish there.