_Doug_

November 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

1,159 posts in this topic

Boat report from yesterday outfront AC. Unreal day yesterday. Crested The Inlet around 7AM headed north. Game plan was to find birds and fish them. Not until 9AM had a lot of birds flying one direction and followed and found the mother load. Had one other boat on the flock for 15 minutes and then they left. Spent close to 2 hours on these birds solo. Caught over 30 bass from 26-45” on top water, soft plastics, and flies. Absolutely insane action had the fish finder lit up. Was even able to jig a few fish up. Had the boat tripled up multiple times. Kept one fish at 28” all other safely released. Did pay my dues as I lost an insert to one of my rods. After that couple guys trolling broke the fish and bait up and birds disappeared. Was the Dead Sea from 1130-2 when we found another pod with some boats on it. Picked a few here and there but nothing like the morning. Probably one of my best days of fall striper fishing.

142EA3D7-00A3-4388-BBE5-1FA68DEC2F9D.jpeg

533C4454-5A30-4FC0-A719-5A0F76D47B1A.jpeg

C2C69663-7FE1-46E5-80FB-0EA293647A72.jpeg

F3460638-B11B-4C84-94CF-0FB92C36B0FC.jpeg

Finally caught my first ever decent striper this morning, northern OC out front.  Got 3 total, only 1 really small one.  One in photo is 22" on the teaser.

Also caught the spotted one.  Sea trout?

86037371-489B-4709-9D5E-5BFB3D8D0F6B.jpeg

A2FD9082-BF5B-4BC1-BBAA-2ECEE3810797.jpeg

22 mins ago, Sam3631 said:

Finally caught my first ever decent striper this morning, northern OC out front.  Got 3 total, only 1 really small one.  One in photo is 22" on the teaser.

Also caught the spotted one.  Sea trout?

86037371-489B-4709-9D5E-5BFB3D8D0F6B.jpeg

A2FD9082-BF5B-4BC1-BBAA-2ECEE3810797.jpeg

Spec!!!  That’s awesome.   

Quick trip, MoCo, from 2 to 3 pm. Water clarity was good, although a little stained. Hard WNW wind. Not a tap. Including me, the total number of guys out, as far as I could see, was one! Guess everyone knew something I didn't or are watching the games. Wave action was good. Hope to get down in the morning. One other thing; the birds were starting to get agitated as I was leaving. Maybe a good sign. 

6am - 3pm, fished OC out front until 845am not a tap. Water looked way to good to not produce so I got in the car and went to MOCO, found them at the second rock pile I hit, almost every cast from 11-230pm. Never seen a spot on fire like that in NJ before. Not one keeper of course but it was alot of fun. Have landed close to 100 fish since my last keeper. That's insane.  No one around me which more unbelievable than the action. 

PS anyone missing a black with blue back mag darter? Looks brand new. 

2 hours ago, JerseySurf said:

You must be addressing me and NOT jiercy13 because I posted that pix of that fish on my tailgate being measured by the ruler. To answer your question, yes, I was close by the wash and the fish was only out of the water for a brief few moments for the picture. I already knew the fish was a short when I landed it. The fish swam away quickly after I released it. I don't want harm any fish either. Can't be any worse than people dropping ( on heads or tails ) or throwing shorts in the wash. Next time I post pictures of fish I catch, I'll keep in mind how the picture of the fish should be taken so I don't get ridiculed in here on how I handled the fish. 

It does seem unnecessary.  You knew it was short, why bother to take it up to the truck and measure and photo it? I'm sure you're happy you caught a fish..and good for you (I'm being serious and glad it swam off) and not trying to bust your balls, but there's plenty of people here that need to handle fish better.  Maybe you get extra points on SOL if you post photos of shorts?

Pop the hook off in the wash and let it swim away it's 23".

23 mins ago, SIC34 said:

It does seem unnecessary.  You knew it was short, why bother to take it up to the truck and measure and photo it? I'm sure you're happy you caught a fish..and good for you (I'm being serious and glad it swam off) and not trying to bust your balls, but there's plenty of people here that need to handle fish better.  Maybe you get extra points on SOL if you post photos of shorts?

Pop the hook off in the wash and let it swim away it's 23".

I hate to say this, but this mofo is right! why even measure when it's obviously short.....throw it back ASAP.

Edited by adoboboy

Just now, adoboboy said:

I hate to say this, but this mofo is right! why even measure when it's obviously short.....

He might have a bonus tag.

Bu then I dont know why you take the pic of 23in?  Just takes time away from fishing.

Just now, adoboboy said:

I hate to say this, but this mofo is right! why even measure when it's obviously short.....

Thanks Adobo.  I wish you a banner season next year.

I don't mean to be the resident A hole and I have no problem with people keeping legal fish but we can all try to do a little better to protecting the species. 

Went to Ocean county for a change , had an hour before dusk. Saw a few guys all hook up in a tight spot, seem to clustered around a hole

went to the south of them and started talking with a nice gent who said he was having luck with th tsunami sand eel, going real slow, stop and start again

i had one in my overstuffed bag and second cast I got hit.  A few more like that then it the last one of the day hit the teaser.  Getting success through learning is the best part of this sport

all shorts but that’s fine 

7308D785-6C32-4594-908E-CDEF8A1B55A1.jpeg

went to a local MC beach after getting last of leaves up.

Hard NW wind, waves rolling but not high. Used 10 weight and a smaller sand eel imitation due to wind. 1other gentlman with spinning rod. Not a bad 2 hours, 6 fish, nothing huge biggest 24 inches. The take was a bit different, not a bang like usually but more like a sipping. Missed a couple due to this. All in all pretty good weekend. Spinning guy did well, even a double header. Left at dark, hands/fingers were getting useless.

Moco- Really good bite, Guys started picking fish as soon as i got there, Bite progressively slowed down the farther we went into the day, The rain and wind also started to pick up, water clarity was surprisingly cleaner than thought and was indeed fishable, ended off with 24 fish two of which were keeper size