_Doug_

November 2019 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

1,159 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, JimK said:

I agree. There are no fish in Monmouth county at all. Please stay in Ocean county. LOL

Although I live in Ocean county it's been a dead zone, been travelling to Monmouth for the nice fish :laugh:

Skunk out front cmc 515-615am. Surf was glass and slight NNW breeze. Threw t-hex, mag darter, SP and AVA, but nothing out there to tempt. I'll be out somewhere after work for the beginning of incoming. 

17 mins ago, wasy said:

Although I live in Ocean county it's been a dead zone, been travelling to Monmouth for the nice fish :laugh:

You'll be fishin' closer to home soon...............

1 hour ago, ChileIrish said:

CMoCo Out front last night 4-6pm, pretty much slack to ebb tide. No bait or birds but I got a small fluke and a skate. Looks like it started to hit after 6:30

Did you keep the skate?

Moco. Fished the front with a buddy. No fish for an hour and I decided to move. Buddy decided to stay. So I left and went to another spot. Buddy caught 4 fish within the hour while I caught cold fingers. My mojo is nowhere to be found this year.

OC 5am-1pm clean, clear water. Caught part incoming to mid outgoing. 6 herring to show for it and lost another 4 or 5. Bait in wash looked like peanuts. Nothing chasing. Thought it was going to happen, but, NOTTTTT!

Threw sp until sun-up. Switched to Ava lots of bumps and taps then the herring party started. A few guys around, only herring on teasers. 2 skunks in a row. Depression setting in.

4 mins ago, Whortleberry said:

OC 5am-1pm clean, clear water. Caught part incoming to mid outgoing. 6 herring to show for it and lost another 4 or 5. Bait in wash looked like peanuts. Nothing chasing. Thought it was going to happen, but, NOTTTTT!

Threw sp until sun-up. Switched to Ava lots of bumps and taps then the herring party started. A few guys around, only herring on teasers. 2 skunks in a row. Depression setting in.

Maybe I should maybe wait on the OC relocation lol. I'm hitting OC tonight, it's been a while since I fished there, let's see how it goes. 

4 mins ago, SnoozeFishing said:

Maybe I should maybe wait on the OC relocation lol. I'm hitting OC tonight, it's been a while since I fished there, let's see how it goes. 

You have my blessings, but don't say I didn't tell you so.

23 hours ago, Potato Caboose said:

Gizzard mainly inhabit lakes. State of NJ has stocked lakes reservoirs with muskie where there a large populations of gizzard shad. Was unaware they can tolerate that much or any salinity

5 hours ago, Sudsy said:

Cool, I've never seen a gizzard shad from the beach

Caught lots in the Delaware at the tail end of the American Shad run

I’ve seen them trying to jump the first dams on rivers connected to Raritan bay in the spring , so they must live somewhere in saltwater.